Caesar Chicken Bake is so simple, yet so flavorful! It makes an amazing chicken dinner. Chicken breasts are baked in a Caesar style cream sauce that is made with garlic, Greek yogurt, Dijon, mayo, fresh lemon, and capers.
There is no sauteing or long prep for this dish. You simply season your chicken breasts with olive oil, salt and pepper and then mix the Caesar sauce, pour half of it over the chicken, and bake. Save the other half of the sauce for serving. Such an easy dinner!
This recipe was inspired by the Barefoot Contessa recipe for Caesar Swordfish. Couple reasons her original recipe was not working for me, which doesn’t happen very often:
- I live in Kansas and I’m guessing any swordfish I could get my hands on would be, well, not so great.
- I don’t eat swordfish.
So I adapted the recipe to be made with chicken.
A Note on Chicken Breasts
For this Creamy Caesar Chicken Bake I use boneless skinless chicken breasts.
Sometimes, when I buy boneless skinless chicken breasts I find that they are too thick to cook thru completely in a “normal” amount of time, about 25 minutes. You end up cooking it for 45 minutes+ to reach an internal temp of 165, and half is dry & over-cooked and the other half is just cooked thru.
To alleviate this problem I like to slice my chicken breasts in half, lengthwise, so you end up with two thinner chicken breasts. It creates an even cooking chicken, that is done in about 25 minutes at 350 degrees.
If you already have thin or smaller chicken breasts do not worry about this step.
How to Make Creamy Caesar Chicken Bake
There are really just two parts to this recipe- making the sauce and baking the chicken, so let’s get started:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
In a mixing bowl combine the Greek yogurt, mayo, Dijon mustard, fresh garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, capers, salt & pepper. Whisk it all together until it is well mixed.
Place your chicken breasts in a baking dish. Season the chicken breasts with olive oil, a little salt & pepper. Pour half of the Caesar sauce over the chicken and, with clean hands, slather both sides of the chicken breasts with the cream sauce.
Pop into the oven for 25 minutes, until the chicken reaches 165 degrees at it’s thickest part.
Serve the Creamy Caesar Chicken Bake with the remaining sauce on the side.
Creamy Caesar Chicken Bake for Dinner
This recipe for Caesar Chicken Bake is such a versatile recipe. It is delicious enough to plan for entertaining, yet easy enough to plan during the week.
Here are two menus that you can plan either for a weeknight, or a weekend dinner party:
- Creamy Caesar Chicken Bake
- Brown Rice Pilaf
- Oven Roasted or Steamed Broccoli
- Warm rolls & butter
- Creamy Caesar Chicken Bake
- Savory Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Oven Roasted Asparagus
- Warm Ciabatta Bread
- Easy Apple Pie Bars and Ice Cream
I hope you give this recipe for Creamy Caesar Chicken Bake a try in your kitchen.
Creamy Caesar Chicken Bake Recipe
Creamy Caesar Chicken Bake
- 4 fresh, boneless skinless chicken breasts
- olive oil, salt, pepper
Caesar Cream Sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup capers, drained
- 1/2 tsp salt
- black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the chicken breasts in a glass baking dish. Drizzle with a little olive oil, and just a pinch of salt and pepper (remember the sauce also has salt).
- Whisk together all the ingredients for the Caesar Cream Sauce, until it is well combined.
- Pour HALF of the Caesar Cream Sauce over the chicken. Using clean hands, slather the sauce onto both side of the chicken. Bake, uncovered, for 25 minutes, until your chicken reaches 165 degrees at it’s thickest point and is cooked thru.
- Serve the Creamy Caesar Chicken Bake with the remaining cream sauce on the side.