A super creamy and savory chicken salad that is full of artichokes, green onions, crunchy water chestnuts, and topped with those french fried onions we all love. You know the ones…. we all heap them on top of green bean salad at Thanksgiving!? Honestly, you could even use your leftover turkey in this recipe!
If you like a 3 step easy recipe you should also check out my Creamy Chicken Tacos.
One reason I truly love this Hot Chicken Salad recipe is because it is FULL of all the yummy goodness you didn’t even know you wanted in a Chicken Salad Sandwich!
- cooked, diced chicken (I like to use rotisserie or poached chicken) – you could also use cooked turkey
- green onions
- water chestnuts
- artichoke hearts in water
- garlic clove
- garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, and dried basil
- plain Greek yogurt, mayo, dijon mustard
- Parmesan cheese
- french fried onions
Are you ready to get in the kitchen and make this now!!??
Making Artichoke Chicken Salad
This is an easy 3 step recipe: chop, mix, bake.
Chop the cooked chicken, artichokes, water chestnuts and green onions, mix all the ingredients together in a large mixing bowl (except the french fried onions), pop that into a 350 oven for 30 minutes, and then you are ready to eat!
Scoop the hot and delicious Artichoke Chicken Salad onto slider buns, brioche buns, or croissants, with a little baby spinach, and you have the perfect brunch, lunch, or dinner!
Make Ahead Recipe
This is a super easy recipe to prep a day or two ahead from when you need it.
Simply mix all the ingredients together (except the french fried onions) and place it in your baking dish. Cover with foil and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
When you are ready to make the Chicken Salad, just pop it in a 350 degree oven for 25 minutes. Then remove the foil, add the french fried onions, and bake for an additional 5 minutes at 300 degrees.
That was easy. Time to eat!
Baked Artichoke Chicken Salad for Brunch, Lunch, or Dinner
This is a super versatile recipe, it is great for entertaining at brunch or lunch, it is an easy-to-make dinner during a busy week, or you can double the recipe for a crowd or the holidays:
- Hot Artichoke Chicken Salad Sandwiches
- Fresh Fruit Salad
- Kale & Cranberry Salad (I would buy the pre-made or bagged salads at the grocery store or Costco)
- Sweet Potato Kettle Chips
- Classic Deviled Eggs
- Red Wine Winter Sangria or Cranberry Punch
For dinner during a busy week I would keep this menu super simple and pair it with some raw veggies and kettle chips.
Baked Artichoke Chicken Salad Recipe
Baked Artichoke Chicken Salad
- 3 cups cooked, diced chicken (I like to use rotisserie or poached chicken)
- ⅓ cup green onions, chopped about 6 onions
- 5 oz sliced water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 10-12 oz artichoke hearts in water, drained and chopped
- 1 plump garlic clove, finely minced
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ¾ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 1 ½ tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup french fried onions
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together all the ingredients except the french fried onions.Place in a small baking dish and cover with foil. Bake for 25 minutes.Remove the foil and sprinkle with the french fried onions, turn the heat down to 300 degrees and bake an additional 5 minutes.
- Place a couple tablespoons of Hot Artichoke Chicken Salad on a slider bun, brioche bun, or croissant. Top with baby spinach.
If nutrition facts are provided they are calculated as an estimate to the best of our knowledge.
Originally posted October 2018 – Copy updated November 2020