A super creamy and savory chicken salad that is full of artichokes, green onions, crunchy water chestnuts, and topped with those french fried onions we all love. You know the ones…. we all heap them on top of green bean salad at Thanksgiving!?
This is an easy 3 step recipe: chop, mix, bake.
Chop the cooked chicken, artichokes, water chestnuts and green onions, mix all the ingredients together in a large mixing bowl (except the french fried onions), pop that into a 350 oven for 30 minutes, and then you are ready to eat!
Scoop the hot and delicious Artichoke Chicken Salad onto slider buns, brioche buns, or croissants, with a little baby spinach, and you have the perfect brunch, lunch, or dinner!
If you like a 3 step easy recipe you should also check out my Creamy Chicken Tacos.
Chicken Salad with All the Goodies
One reason I truly love this Hot Chicken Salad recipe is because it is FULL of all the yummy goodness you didn’t even know you wanted in a Chicken Salad Sandwich!
- water chestnuts
- green onions
- fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- french fried onions
Are you ready to get in the kitchen and make this now!!??
Chicken Salad Made A Little Healthier
I am not saying this Chicken Salad recipe should go on your diet menu plan, but it is a little healthier than traditional Hot Chicken Salad recipes.
The cream base is not made with a cream-of-soup. Instead it is made with plain Greek Yogurt, a little mayo, and Dijon mustard. The Greek yogurt adds extra protein and helps keep the calorie count a little lower.
I know the mayo, cheese, and french fried onions are not helping us in the health department. Just throw a couple extra leaves of spinach on there when you make your sandwich, because- balance- right!?
Make Ahead Recipe
Who loves a recipe that can be made ahead!? ME!
This is a super easy recipe to prep a day or two ahead from when you need it.
Simply mix all the ingredients together (except the french fried onions) and place it in your baking dish. Cover with foil and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
When you are ready to make the Chicken Salad, just pop it in a 350 degree oven for 25 minutes. Then remove the foil, add the french fried onions, and bake for an additional 5 minutes at 300 degrees.
That was easy. Time to eat!
Hot Artichoke Chicken Salad for Brunch, Lunch, or Dinner
This is a super versatile recipe, it is great for entertaining at brunch or lunch, it is an easy-to-make dinner during a busy week, or you can double the recipe for a crowd.
This would be a wonderful easy entertaining lunch or brunch menu for the Holidays:
- Hot Artichoke Chicken Salad Sandwiches
- Fresh Fruit Salad
- Kale & Cranberry Salad (I would buy the pre-made or bagged salads at the grocery store or Costco)
- Sweet Potato Kettle Chips
- Classic Deviled Eggs
- Mimosas & Iced Tea
- Red Wine Winter Sangria
For dinner during a busy week I would keep this menu super simple and pair it with some raw veggies and kettle chips.
I hope you give this recipe for Hot Artichoke Chicken Salad a try in your kitchen.
Hot Artichoke Chicken Salad Sandwiches
- 3 cups cooked, diced chicken (I like to use rotisserie or poached chicken)
- 1/3 cup green onions, chopped about 6 onions
- 5 oz sliced water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 10-12 oz artichoke hearts in water, drained and chopped
- 1 plump garlic clove, finely minced
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup french fried onions
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together all the ingredients except the french fried onions.Place in a small baking dish and cover with foil. Bake for 25 minutes.Remove the foil and sprinkle with the french fried onions, turn the heat down to 300 degrees and bake an additional 5 minutes.
- Place a couple tablespoons of Hot Artichoke Chicken Salad on a slider bun, brioche bun, or croissant. Top with baby spinach.