Crispy Chicken Parmesan makes such a great dinner! This is a classic recipe is made with parmesan crusted, juicy chicken breasts, seasoned with Italian seasonings, topped with your favorite marinara sauce and delicious melted cheese. Pair it with some spaghetti and a little salad and it is a complete family dinner!
Why This is a Great Recipe
There are just a couple reasons you are really going to love this Crispy Chicken Parmesan Recipe:
- The chicken is first coated in mayonnaise, which adds flavor, moisture, and makes it easier than dipping in egg and flour!
- The recipe calls for panko bread crumbs which are thicker and crispier than traditional bread crumbs.
- The panko is heavily seasoned, adding amazing flavor!
- You can use your favorite marinara sauce (that you buy in the store!)
- Everyone in your family will love it!
Making Chicken Parmesan Step by Step
- Start by cutting your 3 chicken breast in half lengthwise, so that you end up with 6 thinner chicken breasts.
- Grab 3 plates and a baking sheet – 1 plate will have ¼ cup mayo, 1 will have the panko bread crumbs, seasoned and mixed with parmesan cheese, place the raw chicken breasts on the other. Creating an assembly line.
- First brush a chicken breast on both sides with a generous amount of mayo. Then place the coated chicken in the panko bread crumbs. Spoon crumbs over the top and then press the breading onto the chicken.
- Place the breaded chicken breast on the baking sheet. Repeat with all the chicken until they are complete. Toss any remaining mayo and breading.
5. In a hot non stick skillet over medium heat, add 2 tablespoon olive oil. Pan fry 3 chicken breasts at a time, 5 minutes per side. Add oil as needed for the second batch.
6. Wipe the pan out with a paper towel. Place all the chicken back in the pan, spoon your desired amount of marinara over each chicken breast and then sprinkle cheese over top.
7. Either cover the pan and let the heat melt the cheese, or if your pan is oven safe pop it under the broiler for 1 minute.
Crispy Chicken Parmesan Recipe
Crispy Chicken Parmesan
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 ½ cups panko bread crumbs
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon each: onion powder, garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon each: dried basil, dried oregano
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 6 tablespoon olive oil divided
- 1 ½ cup marinara
- 6 oz fresh shredded mozzarella cheese
- Start by cutting your chicken breast in half lengthwise, creating 2 thinner chicken breasts. If you feel they are still a little too thick you could also pound them lightly with a meat tenderizer.
- On three plates place:1 – raw chicken2 – ¼ cup mayonnaise with a bbq brush or spoon 3 – panko bread crumbs seasoned with ½ cup grated parmesan cheese, ¾ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon black pepper, ½ teaspoon onion powder, ½ teaspoon garlic powder, 2 teaspoon dried basil, 2 teaspoon dried oregano.Also grab a rimmed baking sheet to place the coated chicken parm on.
- First, generously coat a chicken breast with mayonnaise on both sides. Then place the chicken breast on the panko bread crumbs, spoon the panko over the top, pressing it into the chicken, make sure to coat both sides pressing the breading onto the chicken.Give it a very light shake and then place on the baking sheet. Repeat the process with all the chicken until they are all coated.
- In a nonstick skillet add 2-3 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Place 3 breaded chicken breast in the pan. Cook for 5 minutes, flip and cook the other side for 5 minutes. This should cook your chicken all the way through (To check use a meat thermometer and it should read at least 165 degrees at the thickest point.).
- Place the cooked chicken parm on a clean plate, and then repeat the process for the additional 3 chicken breasts.
- Wipe out the pan and place it back over low heat. Then fit all the chicken back into the skillet. Top each breast with your desired amount of marinara and then shredded mozzarella.
- You have two options for melting the cheese:1 – cover the pan with a lid or foil for a few minutes to melt the cheese. This way will soften the breading just a smidge.2 – If your pan is oven safe pop it under the broiler for a minute or two (you could also place the chicken on a baking sheet to do it this way). This way keeps the chicken crispiest.
- Serve with your favorite pasta and a salad!
If nutrition facts are provided they are calculated as an estimate to the best of our knowledge.