Bloody Shirley Temples are a kid-friendly, but super spooky way to serve drinks (mocktails) on Halloween. Sprite is mixed with cherry grenadine, BUT the grenadine is added to the cocktail through a gruesome bloody syringe!
Just three two ingredients to make Bloody Shirley Temples: Sprite and Grenadine.
Grenadine: You can usually find grenadine in the drink aisle or liquor aisle at your grocery store. It is a non-alcoholic cherry flavored sugar syrup. It is traditionally used in Shirley Temples and Roy Rogers.
The most important part of your Bloody Shirley Temples are the syringes for the BLOOD (aka. grenadine)!!! If you are like me then you have 5000 in your medicine cabinet from years of kid’s meds.
But if you don’t have a back stash – you can grab a pack of plastic medicine syringes on Amazon for under $10.
Another fun supply to serve these mocktails are science beakers. Like this set of 4 beaker glasses on Amazon.
Serving The Mocktail
If you will be serving a few of these then I recommend filling the syringes before guests arrive or the party starts.
Then to make each mocktail, fill a glass with ice and pour in the sprite. Once it stops fizzing slide the bloody syringe (grenadine) into the glass and shoot out just a smidge so it colors the bottom of the glass.
Let the kids shoot the rest into their drink!
Optionally you can garnish the cocktail with a maraschino cherry, gummy worms, gummy eyeballs, or spiders!
Other Spooky Recipes
Bloody Shirley Temple Recipe
- small plastic syringes (from local pharmacy or order here on Amazon, link below)
- 8 oz Sprite or similar lemon/lime soda
- 1.5 oz. up to 2 oz Cherry Grenadine Syrup
- small plastic syringes
- optional garnish – maraschino cherry, gummy eyeball, gummy spider or other spooky Halloween treats.
- Pour Sprite in a small glass with ice. (short mason jars or beakers are fun to use in place of glasses)
- Fill a syringe with 1.5-2 oz. grenadine syrup.
- Squirt just a little of the grenadine in the bottom of the glass, then lay the syringe in the glass leaving the rest of the grenadine for the kids (or adults) to squirt into their glass.
- Optional – top with a cherry or other spooky Halloween garnishes.(gummy eyeballs, witches finger, gummy spider, etc…)
If nutrition facts are provided they are calculated as an estimate to the best of our knowledge.