These Frightful Ghost Cookies are a delicious and festive Halloween treat that the kids are going to LOVE! They are a no-bake cookie that only requires 3 ingredients, and they only takes a few minutes to make. In fact, they are so easy the kids can get involved in the process.
These are super similar to Mummy Cookies, you can make a batch of half mummies and half ghosts!
Why They Are Frightfully Amazing
- Who doesn’t love a no bake treat!?
- Taking help from the store, purchasing Milano cookies, makes these Ghost Cookies incredibly easy.
- Kid’s really love a festive treat, especially if they were able to say they helped!
- They are a really delicious cookie. Best of all worlds – chocolate and vanilla!
Only 3 ingredients to whip up these Ghost Cookies: Milano Cookies, melting white chocolate, mini chocolate chips.
I HIGHLY recommend buying a quality white chocolate for this treat instead of using the brick of almond bark. Although almond bark will completely work.
Ghirardelli has an amazing product called “melting wafers”. They are creamy and have a really delicious flavor. I find mine at Target or my local grocery store.
How The Kids Can Help
The kids can absolutely get involved in making this recipe, and if you have older kids (tween) they can make these by themselves!
- Younger kids can pour/measure the white chocolate and count out the mini chocolate chips. They can also lay the Milano cookies on the baking sheet.
- Let older kids stir the chocolate on the double boiler, or in-between heating in the microwave.
- All kids can place the mini chocolate chips for the eyes and mouth.
Melting Your Chocolate
You have two options when it comes to melting the white chocolate: Double Boiler or Microwave.
If you are using melting wafers as recommended above then you can pour them straight in the bowl. If you are using almond bark make sure to shred/chop it finely.
This is my preferred method. There is less of a chance of burning the chocolate this way.
Place a little water in a sauce pan over medium heat. Place a glass, heat proof bowl in the top of the sauce pan, making sure the bottom does not touch the water.
The steam will heat up the bowl and melt the chocolate.
Pro Tip: Make sure to constantly stir the chocolate. It will hold it’s shape and look like it is not melting, but it is.
Place the white chocolate in a microwave safe glass bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between. The chocolate will hold it’s shape, so make sure to stir so it will properly melt!
Fun & Spooky Halloween Menu
From breakfast to dinner, delight your kids (and adults) with these fun Halloween recipes:
- Breakfast – Bloody Guts Cinnamon Rolls
- Lunch – Really cute Halloween lunch ideas here.
- Dinner – Chili, Instant Pot Chicken Chili, bone breadsticks, these Ghost Cookies or Mummy Cookies, Bloody Shirley Temples for the kids, and Devil’s Margarita or Pomegranate Martini for the adults.
Frightful Ghost Cookie Recipe
- 1 package Milano Cookies (15 count)
- 8-10 oz white chocolate melting wafers (Ghirardelli is a great brand) or almond bark
- 45 mini chocolate chips
- Prep a baking sheet by lining with parchment paper or wax paper. Lay all the Milano cookies on the parchment or wax paper.Pro Tip: choose a baking sheet that will fit in your fridge!!
- Melt the white chocolate using either a double boiler or microwave.
- Place a Milano cookie in the melted chocolate. Using a fork flip it around in the white chocolate, then pick it up on the fork and let any excess chocolate drip off.
- Place on the paper lined baking sheet. Repeat with all the cookies.
- While the chocolate is still wet, place two mini chocolate chips close together at the top for the eyes, then one under the eyes for the mouth.
- Pop in the fridge to help the white chocolate set up, about 15-20 minutes.
- You can store your Ghost Cookies at room temp in an airtight container. Or in the fridge (especially if you have a warm kitchen)!
If nutrition facts are provided they are calculated as an estimate to the best of our knowledge.