Mummy Cookies are an easy 3 ingredient (no bake!!) cookie treat perfect for the Halloween Season! Store bought Milano cookies are enrobed in a white chocolate, then drizzled with more white chocolate to create the perfect mummy look. Pop on two candy eyeballs and you have a delicious treat for October 31st.
These are similar to Frightful Ghost Cookies, so you can make a batch that is half ghosts and half mummies!
Just 3 ingredients is all it takes to make Mummy Cookies: Milano Cookies, Melting White Chocolate, and Candy Eyeballs.
Candy Eyeballs – I bought my candy eyeballs at Target and they came in a multi-sized pack. Just like this one on Amazon.
Melting White Chocolate – I highly recommend buying a quality white chocolate. We really like the Ghirardelli melting Wafers. They have great flavor and melt really creamy and smooth.
You have two options when it comes to melting the white chocolate: Double Boiler or Microwave.
If you are using melting wafers as recommended above then you can pour them straight in the bowl. If you are using almond bark make sure to shred/chop it finely.
This is my preferred method. There is less of a chance of burning the chocolate this way.
Place a little water in a sauce pan over medium heat. Place a glass, heat proof bowl in the top of the sauce pan, making sure the bottom does not touch the water.
The steam will heat up the bowl and melt the chocolate.
Pro Tip: Make sure to constantly stir the chocolate. It will hold it’s shape and look like it is not melting, but it is.
Place the white chocolate in a microwave safe glass bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between. The chocolate will hold it’s shape, so make sure to stir so it will properly melt!
More Spooky Halloween Recipes!
Halloween Mummy Cookies
- 1 package Milano Cookies 15 count
- 10 oz white chocolate melting wafers (Ghirardelli is a great brand)
- 30 edible candy eyes
- Prep a baking sheet by lining with parchment paper (or wax paper). Lay all the Milano cookies on the parchment or wax paper.Pro Tip: Make sure to choose a baking sheet that will fit in your fridge!!
- Melt the white chocolate using either a double boiler or microwave.
- Place a Milano cookie in the melted chocolate. Using a fork flip it around in the white chocolate, then pick it up on the fork and let any excess chocolate drip off.
- Place on the paper lined baking sheet. Repeat with all the cookies.Then pop the cookies in the fridge to harden a little, 5-10 minutes.
- Remove cookies from the fridge. Dip a fork or spoon in the white chocolate, drizzle across the cookies, creating a mummy look.Pro Tip: if your chocolate stiffened while the cookies were in the fridge, pop it in the microwave for 15-30 seconds to loosen back up.
- Dab the back side of the eyeballs in the white chocolate and place on the mummies.
- Pop back in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- They are ready to eat!!
- Keep your mummy cookies in an airtight container- either in the fridge or at room temp. They will be good for a week.If you have a warmer kitchen, keep them in the fridge!
If nutrition facts are provided they are calculated as an estimate to the best of our knowledge.