You are going to love this Tequila Lemonade made with just 4 simple ingredients. It is the perfect summer citrus cocktail that tastes like fresh squeezed lemonade with tequila (without making fresh squeezed lemonade!).
If you love tequila cocktails then you are in the right place! Check out all these drinks made with tequila on Mom’s Dinner.
Tequila is our absolute favorite here at Mom’s Dinner!
For this cocktail I definitely recommend using a silver/blanco tequila. The salty citrus flavor is a great combo with the tart lemon and sweet simple syrup.
However if you want a little richer tequila flavor you can use a reposado, which is a combo of slightly aged tequila with a young blanco tequila, giving it more depth of flavor.
Some brands that I go back to again and again are:
- Casamigos – most expensive option but the flavor is unmatched!
- Espolon – excellent mid range option.
- Jose Cuervo Traditional – really great mixing tequila!! Least expensive, really good value.
- 2 oz silver tequila
- 1.5 oz fresh squeezed lemon
- 1.25 oz simple syrup recipe/ratio in notes
- 2.5 oz club soda or lemon soda water
- lemon wheel or wedge
- Place a couple cubes of ice in a cocktail shaker. Pour in tequila, lemon juice and simple syrup.
- Shake vigorously for 30 seconds.
- Stain into a glass filled with ice. Top with lemon soda water or club soda and garnish with a lemon wheel or wedge.
If nutrition facts are provided they are calculated as an estimate to the best of our knowledge.