If you want a super tasty Spicy Margarita then this Pineapple Jalapeno Margarita recipe will be your forever go-to recipe! It is a little spicy, a little sweet and perfectly balanced. In the recipe below I give you all the tips and tricks to make it the best and to make it more spicy or less spicy, whatever your preferance.
More Spice & Heat
- Run a jalapeno around half the rim of the glass to adhere the kosher salt.
- Muddle the jalapeno in the bottom of the shaker before adding the ice and liquids.
- Use jalapeno infused tequila!
- Try a pepper that is spicier than a jalapeno; Fresno chili, Thai chile pepper, Habanero.
Less Spice & Heat
- Use sweet pepper slices instead of jalapeno. You will still get the nice verdant pepper flavor without the heat.
- Do not shake the jalapeno in the margarita. Instead just drop a slice or two in the cocktail after it is strained.
- Most of the jalapeno’s heat is held in the seeds and pith/ribs, so use the slices towards the tip of the pepper for less heat.
AND if you have leftover pineapple you can make this amazing Cilantro Pineapple Side Dish!
Pineapple Jalapeno Margarita
- 1 oz silver tequila
- ¾ oz Cointreau triple sec
- ½ oz lime juice
- 2 oz pineapple juice
- 2 fresh jalapeno slices
- kosher salt
- lime wheel, pineapple wedge, and/or jalapeno slice
- Start by prepping your glass. Run a lime, pineapple, or jalapeno (spiciest) slice around half the rim of the glass. Dip in kosher salt. Now fill the glass half way with crushed ice.
- Place a few cubes of ice in a cocktail shaker, add the tequila, Cointreau, lime juice, pineapple juice and 1-2 jalapeno slices. Shake vigorously for 20-30 seconds. Pro Tip: For more spice/heat start by muddling the jalapeno in the glass. For less spice/heat do not add the jalapeno slice to the shaker, just drop it in the margarita after straining it in the serving glass.
- Strain the margarita into your prepared glass.
- Garnish with a lime wheel, pineapple wedge, and/or a jalapeno slice.
If nutrition facts are provided they are calculated as an estimate to the best of our knowledge.