This is a classic recipe for Seasoned Oyster Crackers, simply made with oyster crackers, ranch dressing packet, seasonings and dill. They are also called Ranch Oyster Crackers, Garlic Oyster Crackers, or Dill Oyster Crackers.
These are a great homemade snack that your kids will love. Don’t all kids LOVE ranch dressing!?
What are Oyster Crackers Used for?
The origin of the name Oyster Cracker is still unclear. But, it could be because they were used in oyster stew or clam chowder, or that they are a similar shape to an oyster or clam shell (kind of).
This recipe for Seasoned Oyster Crackers is intended as more of a snack or appetizer. Of course they would also be great added to a bowl of soup… either IN the soup or on the side!
They are also excellent added to a meat and cheese appetizer tray, or set on a bar or kitchen table for a cocktail party.
How to Make Seasoned Oyster Crackers
This is a super simple seasoned cracker recipe!
Preheat the oven to 250 degrees.
In a small mixing bowl whisk together 1 cup of oil (use canola, vegetable, olive oil or a blend of those oils), ranch dressing dry mix packet, dried dill, garlic powder, and celery salt.
Pour this mixture over the Oyster crackers and stir, making sure the crackers are completely coated with the oil mixture. When you stir, make sure to get all the way to the bottom of the bowl, the oil/seasoning mixture will sink to the bottom.
Place the seasoned crackers on a large baking sheet and place in the oven for 10 minutes.
Let the crackers cool for about 5 minutes before serving.
How to Store Seasoned Oyster Crackers
Your Dill & Ranch Oyster Crackers should stay fresh for a week in an airtight container on the counter. However, they are best eaten fresh or within a day or two.
I hope you will give this recipe for Seasoned Oyster Crackers a try in your kitchen.
SAVE THE RECIPE FOR LATER, PIN IT HERE
Seasoned Oyster Cracker Recipe
Seasoned Oyster Crackers
- 2 9 oz packages of oyster crackers
- 1 cup oil (use canola, vegetable, or olive oil, or a combo of those oils)
- 1 1 oz package ranch dressing dry mix
- 2 tsp each: dried dill weed, garlic powder, and celery salt
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees
- In a bowl whisk together the oil, ranch dressing mix, and seasonings. Pour over the oyster crackers in a large bowl. Toss and stir well to coat all the crackers.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Give the crackers a toss about half way thru the baking time.
- Let cool for 15 minutes before eating.