A Kids Charcuterie Board is perfect for how most kids eat anyway – grabbing a little bite at a time while playing! So why not cater to that and just make a little snack board that they can graze on for dinner. This is especially helpful at a party where the kids would rather be playing than eating.
If you are also feeding dinner to a gang of hungry kids, any one of these recipes are really kid friendly:
A charcuterie is typically a board that is full of cold meats and cheeses. Since this board is specifically for kids we are expanding that to include chips, crackers, sweets, fruit, pizza and chicken nuggets!
For the kids board I like to think in terms of food groups and including a few items from each of these groups:
- Cheese 1-2 items
- Protein (entree) 2-3 items
- Dip or Sauce 1-2 items
- Cracker or Chip 2-3 items
- Fruit 2 items
- Veggie 1-2 items
- Sweets 2 items
Kid Friendly Charcuterie Items
I set my board with the things I know my kids like, however you can build your board to suit your kids taste. Here are a few items to consider including:
- fresh mozzarella pearls, cheese cubes, mini babybel cheese, yogurt tubes, applesauce pouches
- mango, pineapple, watermelon, blueberries, blackberries or raspberries
- cucumbers, olives, celery, mini pickles, mini sweet peppers
- trail mix, chex mix, fritos, doritos, crackers, veggie straws, cheez-its, pretzel thins, popcorn
- pizza rolls, mini pb&j, chicken fingers, salami, rolled up deli meat
- Reese’s Pieces, gummy bears, gummy worms, starbursts, twizzlers, hershey kisses
Kids Charcuterie Board
- cheese sticks
- dino nuggets
- mini pizza bagels
- mini pepperonis
- dips – ketchup and/or mustard, and ranch
- ritz crackers
- snack mix or trail mix
- mini Reese's peanut butter cups be careful of peanut allergies!!
- Arrange all the components on a large surface, board or plate. Let the kids graze on the board either before dinner or FOR dinner!
If nutrition facts are provided they are calculated as an estimate to the best of our knowledge.
Great idea for a kids party!!!! Super fun!