A super crisp and refreshing Tequila Cooler cocktail with just a hint of spice on your lips from the jalapeno. The flavor of the salty, limey silver tequila blends perfectly with the fresh orange and verdant jalapeno, topped off with a few bubbles from the sparkling water. You will LOVE this cocktail on warm spring and summer nights!
If you are worried the jalapeno will be too much for you, pop over to this recipe for Tequila Soda.
If you love Tequila cocktails as much as we do here at Mom’s Dinner, then check out the full category of Tequila Cocktails!
Margaritas, Palomas, Smashes, Infusions, Reposado, Anejo… everything you love about Tequila!
And it is an ever growing list, so sign up for the Mom’s Dinner Newsletter so you never miss a new one.
You only need 5 things to make this Tequila Cooler – ice, silver tequila, orange, jalapeno, soda water.
Tequila- Silver Tequila is the best option for this Cooler. The clean and bright flavor compliments the orange and jalapeno perfectly!
Some brands that I LOVE are Casamigos (my fave), Patron, or Jose Cuervo Traditional.
Jalapeno – The heat of the jalapeno is called capsaicin which is held mainly in the seeds and ribs (white pith). so choose your heat level accordingly:
- Low to no heat – Green flesh only.
- Medium heat – scoop out seeds but leave the ribs
- High heat – leave the ribs and seeds in place.
How to Make A Spicier Cocktail
If you like a little spice in your life you can definitely ramp up the heat in this Tequila Cooler!
Sub out your silver tequila for a Jalapeno Infused Tequila!
For MEDIUM heat add the tequila, orange, jalapeno and ice in a cocktail shaker, give it a good shake and then pour into a glass, top with soda water.
For the MOST heat, give the jalapeno a light muddle in the glass before making the drink.
Orange Jalapeno Tequila Cooler
- 1 oz Silver Tequila
- 3 oz soda water
- 2 fresh orange wedges
- 2 fresh jalapeno slices
- Fill a 6-8 oz. glass with ice.
- Pour in 1 oz. Silver Tequila, squeeze in the juice from the orange slices, drop in the jalapeno slices. (see notes about adding more spice/heat to your cocktail)
- Float in 3 oz. of soda water. Give your cocktail a stir and enjoy!
- Low to no heat – Use only the green flesh and drop it into your cocktail.
- Medium heat – Scoop out seeds but leave the ribs. Add the ice, tequila, jalapeno, and orange slices/juice to a cocktail shaker and give it a light shake. Pour into a glass and then add soda water.
- High heat – leave the ribs and seeds in place. Lightly muddle the jalapeno in the glass before making the cocktail.
If nutrition facts are provided they are calculated as an estimate to the best of our knowledge.