This Watermelon Margarita recipe is a delicious and fresh rosey colored margarita! It is slightly sweet (but not overly sweet!) from the fresh watermelon juice. The tequila gives it a nice salty flavor and the lime and triple sec balance everything with a citrus twist.
This is the perfect summer margarita recipe when watermelons are ripe and sweet!
If you love margaritas definitely check out this recipe for Cucumber Margaritas, another fresh drink perfect for summer!
Fresh Watermelon Juice
For this Watermelon Margarita recipe you will want to make watermelon juice from fresh watermelons. I go over exactly how to do that in this post – Fresh Watermelon Juice.
Make it Spicy
If you like a spicy margarita you could certainly lightly bruise or lightly muddle a slice or two of jalapeno in the bottom of the glass before making the cocktail.
Or you could make the cocktail with Jalapeno Infused Tequila!
Recipe in Parts
If you want to make more than just one Watermelon Margarita, follow the parts rule:
- 1 part tequila
- 1/2 part triple sec
- 3 parts fresh watermelon juice
- fresh squeezed lime juice to taste
Make a Pitcher
Using the “parts” rule you can easily make a whole pitcher, or more! Add 1 cup tequila, 1/2 cup triple sec, 3 cups fresh watermelon juice and lime to taste!
Watermelon Margarita Recipe
- 3 oz fresh watermelon juice how to make fresh watermelon juice
- 1 oz silver tequila
- .5 oz triple sec
- fresh lime
- sugar and/or salt for serving
- Make this drink in a 6-10 oz size glass or a margarita glass.
- Run a lime wedge around the rim of the glass, dip in salt, sugar or a mix of the two (personal preference, I like a 50/50 mixture of the two).
- Fill the glass with ice.
- Squeeze in a wedge or two of lime and drop into the glass.
- Pour in 1 oz silver tequila, 1/2 oz triple sec, and then 3 oz fresh watermelon juice.
- Give it a stir and serve!