For Instant Pot Potato Salad you CAN cook the eggs and potatoes together in your electric pressure cooker. This makes quick work of putting together this potato salad recipe!
This Instant Pot Potato Salad recipe is completely classic and is made with potatoes, eggs, green onions, and celery. The dressing is the perfect balance of tangy, salty, sweet, and savory!
Is there any better side dish than potato salad? It goes great with anything from the grill, bbq ribs, or just a turkey sandwich. It will be the first dish gone at any meal and the recipe friends will be asking you for.
Potatoes for Potato Salad
I recommend using russet potatoes in your potato salad. They have a heartier texture that stands up to the pressure of your Instant Pot.
How to Make Potato Salad in Your Instant Pot
Start by peeling your russet potatoes, then cut them depending on size:
- Small – cut in half
- Medium – cut into 4 pieces (that is what I used)
- Large – cut into 6 pieces
Pour 2 cups cool water into the Instant Pot, add the potatoes, ½ tsp salt, and 4 eggs to the pot.
Cook Eggs and Potatoes
You are going to use a 4-4-4 method for cooking – 4 minute cook, 4 minute natural release, and 4 minute ice bath. This is similar to the 5-5-5 Hard Boiled Egg Method.
Pop the lid on and turn the pressure vent to seal. Set to cook on high pressure mode for 4 minutes.
Do a 4 minute natural release, then release the remaining pressure with a quick release.
Using a slotted spoon place the eggs and potatoes in an ice bath. Let them sit for 4 minutes.
Chop the eggs and dice the potatoes (about ½-1 inch in size).
While the eggs and potatoes are coming to pressure and cooking you can chop the celery and onions and make the dressing.
Whisk together the mayo, mustard, vinegar, sugar, and salt.
Give the dressing a taste. If you like it creamier add more mayo, tangier add more vinegar or mustard, sweeter add more sugar, or saltier add more salt.
If you want you can also add in a little horseradish or black pepper.
Mix the Potato Salad
In a large mixing bowl put together the potatoes, eggs, celery, green onion, and the dressing mix. Stir it until the dressing coats all the ingredients.
Potato salad is best if you can let it sit in the fridge for 1 hour up to 24 hours before serving.
Optional Add Ins
If you like a little kick in your potato salad you can add a little horse radish. Or if you really love black pepper, that is a great add in too. To add a little extra flavor you could also add in coarse ground mustard.
Instant Pot Potato Salad Recipe
Instant Pot Potato Salad
- 3 medium russet potatoes
- 4 large eggs
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup diced celery
- ½ cup chopped green onions
- 1 ¼ cups mayonnaise
- 1 ½ tbsp yellow mustard
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp white vinegar
- coarse ground mustard, black pepper, horseradish amount to taste
- Peel and cut your russet potatoes. You will cut them according to size:Small/Medium potatoes – cut into 4 pieces eachLarge/Extra Large potatoes – cut into 6 pieces each
- Pour 2 cups cool water into your Instant Pot. Place the cut potatoes, ½ tsp salt, and the whole eggs into the pot.
- Pop the lid on and lock the pressure vent to seal. Set to cook on high pressure mode for 4 minutes.
- Do a 4 minute natural release and then do a quick release for any remaining pressure.
- Using a slotted spoon place the eggs and potatoes into an ice bath for 4 minutes.
- While the eggs and potatoes sit in the ice bath chop the ¾ cup celery and ½ cup green onions.Make the dressing by whisking together 1 cup mayo, 1 ½ tbsp yellow mustard, 2 tsp sugar, 1 ½ tsp salt and ½ tsp vinegar. Taste to see if you want more of any one ingredient.
- Take the potatoes and eggs out of the water bath and chop the potatoes into ½-1 inch chunks and peel and chop the eggs.
- In a large mixing bowl stir together the potatoes, eggs, celery, and dressing mixture.
- Potato Salad is best if it has 1 hour up to 24 hours in the fridge before serving.
If nutrition facts are provided they are calculated as an estimate to the best of our knowledge.