Instant Pot Corn on the Cob is an easy way to cook perfectly crisp tender fresh corn. It cooks in just 2 minutes after your Instant Pot comes to pressure. Serve it topped with some butter and salt for a perfect side dish.
Picking a Good Ear of Corn
I am sure there are a lot of ways to ensure you have ripe and juicy corn on the cob. My favorite way is to slightly peel back the husk and silk from the ear.
If the corn kernels are plump and yellow/white ALL the way to the TOP then you have a good ear. If there is just husk with no corn, try again!
How to Cook Corn on the Cob in the Instant Pot
Shuck the corn on the cob by peeling back the husk and silk. Give it a rinse under cool water. If there is still a stem end trim that off.
Place the metal trivet in the pot, pour 1 cup water into the bottom. Set the corn upright, lay it down, or if you have large ears of corn you can cut them in half before adding them to the pot.
Place the lid on the pot and set it to cook on high pressure for 2 minutes.
Do a quick release.
With pressure time and release time the total process is around 13 minutes.
Serve your corn with butter and salt!
What to Serve with Corn
If you love serving corn on the cob as a side dish, here are some awesome entree ideas to accompany your Instant Pot Corn on the Cob:
Instant Pot Corn on the Cob Recipe
Instant Pot Corn on the Cob
- Instant Pot or Electric Pressure Cooker
- 4-8 ears of fresh corn on the cob
- 1 cup water
- Remove the husk, silk, and stem end from your ears of corn.
- Pour 1 cup of water into the bottom of the pot, put the trivet in the pot. Place your cleaned fresh corn on the cob in the pot.You can lay it down, stand it up, or if you have large ears of corn you can break them in half before placing them in the pot.
- Put the lid on the pot and lock the pressure valve to "seal".Set the pot to cook on high pressure for 2 minutes.
- Do a quick release of pressure.
- Remove the corn from the Instant Pot and serve with butter and salt.