Grilled Lemon and Reposado Tequila Cocktail is a really delicious cocktail for anyone who loves tequila! Grilling fresh cut lemon brings out their sweetness and essential oils, which mixes perfectly with the vanilla flavors of reposado tequila. Finally, the additional of a little agave balances all the flavors.
Everything blended together and served over ice gives you one of the best “sipping tequila” drinks EVER!
RELATED: Tequila Hot Toddy
Since this is a very tequila forward cocktail, similar to drinking Tequila on the Rocks or a Manhanttan or Old Fashioned, you want to use a quality tequila. For a decent mid-quality Reposado tequila you will be in the $30-$60 per bottle range.
Here are some of the Reposado brands that we have tried and love:
- Casamigos Reposado $$$$
- Patron Reposado $$$
- Don Julio $$$
- Cazadores Reposado $ (under $30 per bottle, but is a very decent reposado!!)
More Sipping Tequila Drinks
Grilled Lemon & Reposado Tequila Cocktail
- large ice cube maker optional
- Cut the lemon in half and grill, cut side down, over direct medium high heat for about 6 minutes until they are nice and charred.Then flip and grill the lemon rind for 4-5 minutes.Pull from the grill and let cool. The grilled lemon can be made a day or two ahead and stored in the fridge.1 lemon
- In a small rocks glass squeeze a grilled lemon half completely. The pulp will be kind of jammy and thick, you want all that in your glass! Drop the whole lemon half in the glass.
- Pour in just a little bit of agave. (agave is very sweet, so you probably only need about ½ tsp)Give it a stir with the lemon to dissolve the agave.½ teaspoon light agave syrup
- Add 1 large ice cube or a couple smaller ones.1 large ice cube
- Pour the tequila over the ice cube. Give the drink a stir with the cinnamon stick if using.2 oz Reposado tequila, 1 cinnamon stick
- Sip and Enjoy!!!
If nutrition facts are provided they are calculated as an estimate to the best of our knowledge.