This post contains affiliate links
This Cranberry Margarita recipe is a delicious tequila cocktail with a winter vibe. It has that delicious salty flavor of the tequila, mixed with the slightly sweet tartness of cranberry juice, and the bite of ginger beer. It is a truly refreshing and not too sweet margarita.
How to Make a Cranberry Margarita with a Ginger Zing
I know there are recipes out there that have you making ginger simple syrup, or peeling fresh ginger. That is great and all, but I don’t think I will be going to those lengths for my margarita.
I want my cocktails to be easy and delicious.
To make my Cranberry Ginger Margarita, well, gingery, I use Ginger Beer. Easy peasy. I love using it in Moscow Mules and knew I wanted to use it in other cocktails. This was a perfect fit.
What Ginger Beer to Use in a Cranberry Ginger Margarita
Any Ginger Beer will work. However, I have found there is a significant difference in the quality and flavor between Ginger Beer brands. Some are overly sweet, some are spicy, and some don’t have enough flavor depth.
My favorite brands are, in order:
Q Mixers Ginger Beer is my absolute favorite, hands down! I am able to buy it online on Amazon or at my local Target. It is made with the most perfect combination of ginger, agave, chili peppers, coriander, and cardamom. This ginger beer has a little kick to it and will leave a little spice tingle on your lips. I absolutely love it!
What is a “Part” in My Cocktail Recipe
When you see a cocktail recipe and it calls for a “part”, that is a generic unit of measurement for a cocktail. YOU get to decide what the “part” is. The important of a “part” is the ratio. For example:
Recipe- 1 part tequila, 2 parts juice, 1 part soda
If you choose a part to be 2 ounces, then the recipe would be 2 ounces tequila, 4 ounces juice, and 2 ounce soda
Or if you wanted to make enough for a party, the recipe might look like this- 3 cups tequila, 6 cups juice, 3 cups soda
How to Make A Cranberry Margarita
First, get ready for a super delicious cocktail.
Now, on a flat plate make a mixture of salt and sugar. Here are your ratio options depending on how you like your margaritas garnished:
- Sweet- all sugar
- Sweet and Salty- half sugar, half salt
- Little More Salty- ¾ salt and ¼ sugar
- Super Salty- all salt
I prefer the “little more salty” option for my Margarita.
Take a cut lime wedge and run it around the rim of your glass. Now dip the glass into the sugar/salt mixture.
Fill the glass with ice and add 1 part silver tequila, 1 part cranberry juice, and 1 part ginger beer. Garnish with a squeeze fresh lime and fresh cranberries.
If you want a drink that isn’t quite as strong, make the Cranberry Margarita with 1 part silver tequila, 2 parts cranberry juice, and 2 parts ginger beer.
Delicious Tequila Cocktails
If you love this tequila cocktail definitely give these other two a try as well:
I hope you give this Cranberry Margarita a try at your next party, or Saturday night on the couch♥
Cranberry Margarita Recipe
Easy Cranberry Ginger Margarita
- 1 part Silver Tequila
- 1 part cranberry juice
- 1 part Ginger Beer I recommend Q Mixers
- Garnishes- a squeeze of fresh lime juice, sugar & kosher salt (fresh cranberries are optional)
- On a flat plate make a mixture of kosher salt and sugar. Make this to your taste:All salt, all sugar, half & half, or ¾ salt and ¼ sugar.
- Use a cut lime wedge and run it around the rim of your glass, now dip the glass rim in the sugar/salt mixture.Fill the glass with ice, pour in the tequila, cranberry juice, ginger beer, and a squeeze of fresh lime juice. Give it a stir.Garnish with fresh lime and fresh cranberries.
- ** For a drink that isn’t quite as strong change the ratio to 1 part tequila, 2 parts cranberry juice, and 2 parts ginger beer.