Cranberry Wine Spritzer is a light effervescent cocktail with hints of cranberry. It is refreshing, sparkling, and a little sweet. This drink makes a perfect cocktail for a brunch, lunch, or just a Friday afternoon get together.
It would also be a great light cocktail to serve during the Holidays. The light cranberry flavor is the perfect match for the season. Float a few frozen cranberries in the glass to make it extra festive.
What is a Spritzer
A spritzer is a light drink that is usually made of white wine blended with a sparkling mixer. Traditionally the sparkling mixer is sparkling water or sparkling mineral water.
However, there are a lot of different versions of a spritzer where the white wine is mixed with a soda like Sprite or 7 up or a sparkling juice.
This is usually a lighter cocktail that does not contain a lot of alcohol, which makes it great for a brunch or lunch, or for someone who likes to enjoy a drink but does not want the alcohol side effects.
If you want something a little stronger than a spritzer definitely check out my Red Wine Winter Sangria, it also makes a great drink for the Holidays.
How to Make a Cranberry Wine Spritzer
Simply mix 3 parts of your favorite white wine (sauvignon blanc), with 1-2 part(s) Sparkling Cranberry Juice from Trader Joe’s. I like to serve this over ice garnished with fresh or frozen cranberries.
If you do not live near a Trader Joe’s try to find another sparkling cranberry juice brand. If that is not available you can sub 1 part cranberry cocktail and 1 part sparkling water.
If I want this cocktail to be a little sweeter I will use a Moscato, Moscato d’ Asti, or Reisling.
A Great Holiday Brunch or Lunch Menu
If you are entertaining during the Holidays and need a delicious brunch or lunch menu here is a great menu to consider:
- Cranberry Wine Spritzer
- Hot Artichoke Chicken Sandwiches
- Kale & Cranberry Salad (store bought)
- Sweet Potato Kettle Chips
- Chocolate Sheet Cake with Peppermint Ice Cream
I hope you’ll give it a try at your next get together!
Cranberry Wine Sprizer
- 3 parts white wine (sauvignon blanc) (use Riesling, Moscato, Moscato D’Asti for a sweeter cocktail)
- 1 to 2 part(s) Trader Joe’s Sparkling Cranberry Juice Blend
- Pour 3 parts chilled white wine and 1-2 part chilled Trader Joe’s Sparkling Cranberry Juice Blend together over ice in a cocktail glass, or without ice in a champagne flute. Float frozen cranberries in the glass for an extra festive drink.Enjoy!
- NOTE: if you do not live near a Trader Joe’s, sub another brand of Sparkling Cranberry Juice. If that is not available you can sub 1 part cranberry cocktail and 1 part sparkling water.