Rosemary Cauliflower Puree is a savory and silky side dish that is full of flavor. It is a perfect stand in for any starchy side dish. It comes together in 20 minutes and is made with 5 simple ingredients: cauliflower, garlic, butter, cream, and rosemary.
Cauliflower “mashed potatoes” are one of my favorite side dishes. However, I don’t like calling them mashed potatoes. Obviously because they are not potatoes! But they also don’t stand up like a starchy mashed potato.
Cauliflower Mash is more of a buttery, silky puree, hence, the name Rosemary Cauliflower Puree.
And in my humble “culinary” opinion I think the flavor FAR exceeds any traditional mashed potato I have ever had!
How to Make Cauliflower Puree
Bring a large pot of water to boil over medium high heat.
While your water is coming to a boil cut your head of cauliflower into smaller florets and peel your garlic cloves.
Place the florets and garlic into the boiling water and boil for 10 minutes, or until the stems of the cauliflower are fork tender. Drain.
In a blender or food processor combine the cauliflower, garlic, half and half, butter, salt and rosemary. Pulse or blend until it is a smooth consistency and there are no remaining pieces or chunks.
If you need to add an additional tablespoon or two of half & half to get it to blend properly, that is ok.
NOTE: when you are blending the hot cauliflower make sure that you vent the blender or food processor so you do not have a cauliflower explosion in your kitchen!
Rosemary Cauliflower Puree for Dinner
This Cauliflower Puree is excellent served as a side dish in place of potatoes or rice. It goes amazingly with Instant Pot Pork Ribs, Grilled Chicken, Steak Bites, Roasted Half Chicken, Pork, or Italian Meatloaf!
Other Great Side Dishes
Rosemary Cauliflower Puree
- 1 Head of Cauliflower cored and chopped into florets
- 3 Garlic Cloves peeled
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- ⅓ cup Half & Half can use extra if you need more to blend properly
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Rosemary chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt less if you have a small cauliflower
- Pepper to taste
- Optional* Extra Virgin Olive Oil for serving
- Cut your cauliflower into smaller florets.
- Boil the cauliflower and garlic cloves in salted water for 10 minutes, until the stems are fork tender. Drain.
- Put the cooked cauliflower, garlic, salt, butter, half & half, and rosemary in a blender or food processor.
- NOTE: make sure you vent your blender or food processor so the hot cauliflower doesn't pop the lid off and make a mess!!
- Process until completely smooth. You may need to add a little extra half and half to get the cauliflower to puree smoothly.
- Serve Immediately.Optional* drizzle with Extra Virgin Olive Oil for a beautiful presentation.
If nutrition facts are provided they are calculated as an estimate to the best of our knowledge.
Originally Posted March 2017 – Copy & Photos Updated October 2019