These sweet and tender cornbread muffins are so delicious and make a great side dish, especially for ribs or chili! They are as easy as mixing a yellow cake mix and two boxes of Jiffy corn muffin mix together.
These are not like southern style cornbread, which can be a bit dry and crumbly. These are sweet and moist corn muffins with just the right amount of crumb. I have been told they are more akin to Disney cornbread.
If you are looking for a sweet cornbread, check out my recipe for Best Ever Cornbread!
How to Make Sweet Cornbread Muffins
Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees and lining a muffin tin with paper cupcake liners. This recipe will make about 24 muffins.
In a large mixing bowl combine 1 yellow cake mix and 2 boxes of Jiffy corn muffin mix. Add in 5 eggs, 1/3 cup vegetable oil, 1 cup water, and 2/3 cup milk. Whisk everything together.
Portion out the batter into your muffin tin. Fill each cup about 3/4 full.
Bake in the oven for 13-15 minutes. They are done when a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean, with no batter.
Let the muffins cool for about 5 minutes and the serve.
We love to serve these cornbread muffins with honey and butter!
You can store your cornbread muffins at room temp in an airtight container for about 5 days.
You can also freeze your muffins in a freezer proof container for up to 3 months.
Great Dinner Menu with Cornbread Muffins
These cornbread muffins are so good you just might want to build a menu around this recipe! Here are two great menus:
- Classic Chili or Instant Pot Chili
- Cornbread Muffins
- Raw veggie tray with ranch or blue cheese
- Apple Pie Bars
I know that these are not true “southern style” cornbread muffins, so please do not come at me in the comments about not knowing how to make REAL cornbread. This is definitely meant to be a sweet cornbread muffin, more in line with Disney cornbread : )
Sweet Cornbread Muffin Recipe
Sweet Cornbread Muffins
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 2 boxes Jiffy corn muffin mixes
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 350° and line muffin tins with paper cupcake liners, the recipe makes about 24 corn muffins.
- In a large bowl whisk together all the ingredients.
- Let the batter sit at room temp for about 15 minutes. This step can be skipped if you are in a hurry.
- Fill each muffin cup about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes until cooked through. Insert a toothpick into the center of a muffin and if it comes out clean they are done.
- Cool for about 5 minutes then serve!