What do you get when you cross a yellow cake mix and 2 Jiffy corn muffin mixes….. The Easiest and Best Ever Corn Bread recipe!!!!
It’s so easy and so perfect. It’s everything you love in a good cornbread- it has a fluffy texture, it is just sweet enough- but not too sweet, it has that delicious hint of corn flavor, and it’s NOT dry and crumbly. Add some delicious Honey Butter and this cornbread makes an amazing side dish!
It is the moist cornbread that you have been searching for!
This recipe doesn’t need a lot of explanation, it’s just easy and good! It will become your go-to corn bread recipe.
How to Make Best Ever Cornbread
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. The next couple steps could not be easier.
Simply pour all the ingredients together in a large mixing bowl:
- 1 box Betty Crocker Yellow Cake Mix
- 2 boxes Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- ⅔ cup milk
- 5 eggs
Stir everything by hand just until it is combined.
Prepare a 9×13 baking pan with baking spray or oil.
Pour the mix in and bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes. Easy Peasy!
Ideas for Serving your Corn Bread
- Top with honey and fresh sliced strawberries for a sweet breakfast.
- Serve as a pancake substitute for breakfast and top with maple syrup.
- Perfect side dish for Skillet Dirty Rice & Beans.
- Serve it with Classic Chili or Quinoa & Sweet Potato Chili and crumble it into the chili instead of crackers.
- Perfect snack with a pat of butter and a little honey! OR this amazing Honey Butter.
I hope you give this recipe for Best Ever Cornbread a try in your kitchen.
More Cornbread Recipes
If you love cornbread then you should definitely check out some more of these recipes:
Best Ever Corn Bread
- Optionally make a spread for serving- Honey Butter
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Prepare a 9×13 pan with baking spray or oil. You can also use 2- 8×8 or 9×9 pans. (If you use a glass pan you will probably cook the entire 35 minutes, in a dark/non-stick pan start checking around 27-30 minutes.)
- Mix all ingredients by hand, just until combined. Pour mixture into the prepared 9×13 pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until the top is golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
If nutrition facts are provided they are calculated as an estimate to the best of our knowledge.
I hope you enjoy every bite of this cornbread!!!
Originally posted 8-12-17 * Photos Updated 3-21-19