Planning dinner for your family can be hard! What should we eat this week? What do I need to buy at the store? Let me answer both of those questions with my free weekly meal plan including a printable grocery list (and bonus leftover re-do ideas)!
FAMILY MEAL PLAN
Your family needs to eat, and the job of feeding them lands squarely on your shoulders.
The key to making this job easy is MEAL PLANNING!
Plan all your meals for the week, write out your grocery list, and then head to the store to buy the groceries. Sounds easy enough, but I think a lot of us just end up at the grocery store buying the same things week after week, and then we get home and say “I have nothing to cook for dinner!”
Prevent this from happening now! Sign up for the Mom’s Dinner Newsletter and have my Weekly Menu Plan and Printable Grocery List delivered to your email every Friday morning. Cross off the groceries you already have in your kitchen and head to the store completely prepared!
WEEKLY MEAL PLAN #7
I provide 4 delicious and easy dinners, with recipes, that you can make for your family this week. You simply add three more meals and your 7 day family meal plan is done. Here are three dinner categories I recommend adding to your plan :
- One night out.
- A leftover night (leftover re-do ideas provided below)
- Kids Choice night (think pizza, chicken fingers, tacos, spaghetti, or mac n’ cheese)
I have other meal plans too, if this one isn’t your jam!
Meatball Sub Sandwiches
I love meatballs, but I do not always have time to make my own. That is why I love this recipe for Meatballs Sub Sandwiches which uses your favorite store bought frozen meatballs. For us that is Kirkland Italian Beef Meatballs from Costco. Now, if you want to make your own meatballs you can use this recipe for my Instant Pot Turkey Meatballs, they would work great and are pretty quick to make (but you will need to add the ingredients to your grocery list).
Add sauteed garlic zucchini and a store-bought bagged salad on the side.
Enchilada Zucchini Boats
Enchilada Zucchini Boats are great to plan on Sunday Night. They require a few more steps than the other recipes on the menu plan, so it’s good to make them when you can spend a little extra time in the kitchen.
Serve these “enchiladas” with my 15 minute refried beans, Mexican Rice, and Chips & Salsa.
Healthy Sheet Pan Dinner- Sausage & Veggies with Smoked Paprika Vinaigrette
Do the dishes another night, on this night you will be cooking dinner on one sheet pan with this Healthy Sausage & Veggie Sheet Pan Dinner with Smoked Paprika Vinaigrette.
Tip- You may want to double the vinaigrette recipe, it’s that good!
Instant Pot Chicken & Rice Soup
Save this dinner for a night when you don’t think you are going to be able to pull off dinner! You can make this Instant Pot Chicken & Wild Rice Soup with frozen chicken, and it comes together in a flash!
Leftover Re-Do Ideas
- Enchilada Zucchini Boats can be chopped up and made into delicious burritos. Simply add some refried beans or black beans, cilantro lime rice or Mexican rice and wrap everything up into a warm tortilla.
- Leftover Paprika Sheet Pan Veggies and Sausage would be great on top of a salad. Make a plate of romaine, butter lettuce, or spinach and top with the roasted veggies and sausage, make another batch or two of paprika vinaigrette and pour over the top.
- Any leftover meatballs are awesome on top of a pile of spaghetti with marinara sauce!
- Make Cajun Breakfast for dinner! Scramble some eggs and add a few dashes of tabasco. Serve it with a side of reheated Sausages & Veggies from the sheet pan dinner.
- The Sheet Pan Sausage & Veggies would also be great on top of Dirty Rice & Beans. Just omit the sausage and top it with your leftovers instead.
FREE PRINTABLE GROCERY LIST
Head to the store with confidence that you will end up with groceries to actually make dinner for your family!
Simply cross of the items that you already have in your kitchen, and then add the items you need for the rest of the week (lunches, breakfasts, pantry staples, etc…).
Click on the image below to print the grocery list