A super flavorful sheet pan dinner that is easy-to-make and ready in 30 minutes! It can even be made ahead for easy weekly meal prep. This one pan dinner is full of all the fall colors and flavors that you want in your comfort food this time of year.
The smoked beef sausage is warmed thru and the fresh veggies are roasted and perfectly caramelized.
When the sheet pan dinner is pulled hot from the oven you drizzle on a smoked paprika vinaigrette that adds another delicious layer of flavor. It compliments the fall veggies and smoked beef sausage perfectly.
Sheet Pan Dinner
You need to get on board with the sheet pan dinner trend, asap! You can have your entire dinner made in one pan, in the oven, all cooked together, and these recipes are usually done in 30 minutes or less!
Not only is this an incredibly easy way to get dinner on the table… it leaves very little clean-up after the fact.
How to Make a Healthy Sheet Pan Dinner
Grab a large sheet pan and preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
Cut all your veggies:
- Sweet potatoes are peeled and chopped into ½ to 1 inch cubes
- Onion are peeled and cut into ⅛th’s
- Cauliflower & Broccoli are cut into large florets
- Carrots are peeled and cut into ¼ inch thick coins
- Trim the stem on the Brussel Sprouts and cut in them in half
Put all the vegetables on the sheet pan and drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss everything around with clean hands so it is all coated with oil.
Pop that into the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile cut the sausage link into about 20 pieces.
Pull the sheet pan of veggies from the oven, they will be about half way cooked. Give them a good toss with a spatula and then add the sausage to the pan, right on top of the vegetables.
Put it back in the oven for an additional 12 minutes. This will warm the sausage thru and start to caramelize the veggies.
While the sheet pan dinner finishes, go ahead and make the smoked paprika vinaigrette. In a mason jar, mix together all the vinaigrette ingredients:
- olive oil
- apple cider vinegar
- dijon mustard
- garlic clove
- smoked paprika
Put the lid on the jar and shake it vigorously, until all the ingredients are emulsified together. If you do not have mason jars (read: go get some) use a bowl and whisk.
(Kitchen tip: I do not recommend adding salt to your vinaigrette. The veggies and sausage are salty enough! Promise.)
Once you pull the sheet pan out the oven, drizzle the vinaigrette over the veggies and beef. Give it a toss with a spatula to distribute the vinaigrette and it’s time to eat.
Make Ahead Dinner
If you know that you are going to have a really busy week, this is a great dinner to prep and have in the fridge for later!
Simply cut all the veggies and place them in an airtight container for up to 2 days. You can also prep the vinaigrette in a mason jar and keep it in the fridge.
When it is time for dinner, just follow the baking instructions and dinner will be ready in under 30 minutes!
Healthy Sheet Pan Sausage & Veggies with Smoked Paprika Vinaigrette Recipe
Healthy Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies with Smoked Paprika Vinaigrette
- 1 small red or yellow onion, chopped into 1 inch chunks
- 15 fresh brussel sprouts, stem trimmed and cut in half
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into ½ to 1 inch chunks
- 2 large carrots, peeled and sliced into coins
- ½ head of broccoli, cut into florets
- ½ head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 12 oz Fully Cooked Smoked Beef Sausage Link, cut into 20 pieces
- 1 ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- black pepper to taste
Smoked Paprika Vinaigrette
- 1 ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 ½ teaspoon honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.Prep all the veggies and place on a large sheet pan. With clean hands toss the veggies in the olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.Place in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile cut the sausage link into 20 pieces.
- Toss the veggies with a spatula. Then place the sausage pieces over the cooked veggies. Place back in the oven for an additional 12 minutes.
- To make the Smoked Paprika Vinaigrette put all the ingredients into a mason jar:-Olive Oil-Dijon Mustard-Garlic-Honey-Apple Cider Vinegar-Smoked Paprikascrew the lid on tightly and shake vigorously until all the ingredients are emulsified.
- Pull the sheet pan out of the oven and drizzle the vinaigrette over the veggies and sausage. Toss to coat.Serve immediately.
If nutrition facts are provided they are calculated as an estimate to the best of our knowledge.