This Frozen Pineapple Margarita is an ice-cold, fruity cocktail that gives tropical vibes and delicious flavors . Perfect for sipping by the pool, at a barbecue, or simply in the comfort of your air-conditioned living room, this Frozen Pineapple Margarita captures summer (or vacation!!) in a glass. One of the secrets to this delicious recipe is not using ice (like a frozen margarita) and instead only blending with frozen pineapple. It makes for a creamy and frosty cocktail that doesn’t “melt” on you.
We LOVE a good pineapple margarita here at Mom’s Dinner… and they are not all created equally. We have found that to make a pineapple margarita amazing, you have to shake it!! Here are two related pineapple margaritas to check out:
PERFECT PINEAPPLE MARGARITA and JALAPENO PINEAPPLE MARGARITA
Just a few simple ingredients are needed to make a killer Frozen Pineapple Margarita!
We are not using ice here. To keep your drink nice and frosty, opt for frozen pineapple pieces. If you have a Trader Joe’s near by, they have great frozen pineapple that is inexpensive.
The tequila should be a mid range sliver or blanco tequila. It isn’t necessary in this cocktail to have a really expensive tequila brand. And save the Reposado and Añejo tequila for a cocktail that highlights their special flavors.
- Jose Cuervo Tradicional
Agave is a great way to sweeten just about any margarita. When you are at the store choose the light agave. It will be lighter in color and have a less pronounced flavor, so that it will just sweeten your cocktail without changing the flavor profile.
Fresh lime juice. period. Do not use the already squeezed, shelf stable lime juice.
Triple sec is an orange flavored liqueur that balances this frozen pineapple margarita perfectly. In most margaritas I call for Cointreau which a more refined (and definitely more expensive) brand of triple sec. In this frozen pineapple cocktial, and most of the frozen margarita recipes, it is totally acceptable to use the less expensive Triple Sec.
More Frozen Margarita Recipes
Frozen Pineapple Margarita Recipe
Frozen Pineapple Margarita
Garnish – Optional
- kosher salt and/or sugar glass rim
- fresh lime wedge or lime zest
- fresh pineapple slices or spears
Optional Glass Rim
- Optionally you can rim your serving glass with kosher salt, sugar or a 50/50 mixture of the two.kosher salt and/or sugar
- Put your preferred rim salt/sugar on a flat plate.
- Run a lime around the edge of your glass, or you can dip the rim of the glass lightly in agave syrup.
- Dip the rim of the glass in the salt/sugar so it adheres to the rim. Set aside.
Frozen Pineapple Margarita
- Add all the ingredients to a blender.1 cup frozen pineapple pieces, 1.5 oz silver tequila, 1 oz triple sec, ½ oz fresh lime juice, ½ oz light agave syrup, pinch kosher salt
- Blend for about 30 seconds to make sure everything is pureed.
- Serve in the prepared 8 oz glass. Garnish with a lime wheel or a fresh pineapple wedge.You can also optionally zest fresh lime over top of the cocktail (see photo above)fresh lime wedge or lime zest, fresh pineapple slices or spears
If nutrition facts are provided they are calculated as an estimate to the best of our knowledge.