Homemade Peppermint Bark Oreos are a great Holiday treat. Chocolate creme sandwich cookies (Oreos) are coated in a peppermint flavored melted white chocolate and then topped with crushed candy canes. This is an easy holiday cookie recipe that the kids can even help make!
Another wonderful peppermint cookie recipe are these Copycat Girl Scout Thin Mints! It just requires 3 ingredients and is soooo easy and tasty! This Peppermint Brownie Brittle is also dynamite!
You only need 4 simple ingredients to make these Peppermint Bark Oreos:
- 1 package of chocolate creme sandwich cookies (Oreos)
- white chocolate melting wafers
- peppermint extract
- candy canes
Melting the Chocolate
You have two options to melt your chocolate wafers
- Microwave – put the wafers in a microwave safe bowl and pop in the microwave for 60 seconds. Stir and then continue in 30 second increments, stirring in between, until they are completely melted.
- Double Boiler- grab a pot with a heat safe bowl that will fit in the top without falling in. Fill the pot about ⅓ of the way with water (making sure the water doesn’t touch the top bowl). Put the pot over medium heat. Stir the wafers in the bowl until they are melted.
If white chocolate isn’t your jam and you can absolutely swap out dark chocolate melting wafers for the white chocolate!
If you love to give edible gifts during the Holidays these are PERFECT!! They are also great for a cookie exchange. Here is a fun FREE PRINTABLE GIFT TAG to attach to your cookie present!
Pinterest TV Episode
You can watch these Peppermint Bark Oreos being made on an episode of Pin TV, it’s an hour long episode of no-bake holiday treats.
I also make Microwave Fudge, Peanut Clusters, and Christmas Cornflake Wreaths!
Did you make this recipe?!
If you make this recipe I would love to hear your review. Pop down to the comment section and connect with me.
Then sign up for our Weekly Newsletter so you never miss a new recipe!
Homemade Peppermint Bark Oreos
- 14.3 oz package of chocolate creme sandwich cookies (Oreos or similar cookie)
- (2) 10 oz bags white chocolate melting wafers (we prefer Ghirardelli melting wafers)
- 2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3-4 candy canes, crushed
- Grab a rimmed baking sheet that will fit in your fridge. Line it with parchment paper or a reusable silpat.Crush the candy canes and set aside.3-4 candy canes, crushed
- Melt the white chocolate wafers and peppermint extract using one of two methods:A. Double boiler method – heat safe bowl filled with white chocolate wafers and peppermint extract over simmering water. B. Microwave – in a microwave safe bowl heat the melting wafers and peppermint extract for 60 seconds. Stir. Then heat for 30 second increments, stirring between, until melted.(2) 10 oz bags white chocolate melting wafers, 2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Using a fork dip the Oreos in the melted peppermint white chocolate and flip around until coated. Lift the cookie out of the chocolate with the fork and lightly shake back and forth to smooth the chocolate and get rid of excess.Lay on the parchment lined baking sheet.14.3 oz package of chocolate creme sandwich cookies
- Sprinkle the top of the chocolate covered Oreos with the crushed candy canes. Make sure you sprinkle the candy canes on while the chocolate is still wet so it sticks. (kids can totally help with this step!!)
- Pop the baking sheet of Oreos in the fridge for 15-20 minutes for the chocolate to set.
- You can store the Homemade Peppermint Bark Oreos in an airtight container at room temp or in the fridge for up to a week.
If nutrition facts are provided they are calculated as an estimate to the best of our knowledge.
Delicious! I made these last year and everyone loved them and asked for the recipe. I will definitely be making these this year and every year!
Just a quick question. The packages of melting chocolate come in 10oz and not 12oz like your recipe states. Did you use the 10oz packages or combine a few to get 24oz?
You are right, the Ghirardelli that I mention comes in 10 oz bags! I will make that change… however if you find another brand that comes in 12 oz, that will work too.