Peppermint Brownie Brittle is crispy baked brownies with peppermint flavor, they are topped with a white chocolate drizzle and crushed candy canes. It makes an impressive holiday dessert or edible gift! It would also be the star of a cookie exchange!
This will be similar to the Sheila G’s Peppermint Brownie Brittle!
If you like the crispy edge pieces of a pan of brownies then you are going to love this dessert recipe! Every bite IS the crispy edge piece.
If you are looking for a non-peppermint brownie brittle then pop over to this recipe for Chocolate Brownie Brittle. But if you LOVE a peppermint dessert, check out these Copycat Thin Mint Cookies (only 3 ingredients!) or these Peppermint Bark Oreos (only 4 ingredients!).
We highly recommend grabbing all the ingredients before you start making the peppermint brownie brittle recipe. You will find it goes much smoother when all the ingredients are in front of you!
Pictured are all the ingredient you need:
You absolutely must use parchment paper for this recipe! If you try to make this recipe without the parchment the brownie brittle will bake right to your pan.
Free Printable Gift Tag
This peppermint brownie brittle makes a great edible gift, especially at the holidays. Print this FREE PRINTABLE GIFT TAG and attach it to your sweet treat!
More Delicious Chocolate Recipes
Crispy Peppermint Brownie Brittle Recipe
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 squares bittersweet chocolate squares equal to 1 oz., melted (such as Baker's)
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 large egg whites
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate melting wafers
- 3 tablespoon candy canes crushed
- Preheat the oven to 325°.Line a large rimmed baking sheet (13×18) with parchment paper. This step cannot be skipped!!! Without the parchment your brittle will bake ONTO the pan!
- In a microwave safe bowl melt the butter, vegetable oil and 4 bittersweet chocolate squares together, about 30-45 seconds. Give it a good stir to make sure the chocolate in melted completely.Stir in the cocoa powder. Set aside.2 tablespoon butter, 2 tablespoon vegetable oil, 4 squares bittersweet chocolate squares, ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- In the bowl of the stand mixer with a whisk attachment (or handheld mixer with whisk attachment), whisk the egg whites until they are very frothy, about 4 minutes. Add in the peppermint extract and sugar. Mix for 15 seconds.Pour in the melted chocolate mixture. Mix for 15-20 seconds.Set aside.2 large egg whites, ¾ cup sugar, 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- In a separate bowl stir together the flour, baking soda and salt.½ cup all purpose flour, ¼ teaspoon baking soda, ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Fold the flour mixture into the batter, just until combined.
- Pour the batter out onto the parchment lined baking sheet. Spread the batter with a spatula into a REALLY THIN LAYER. It will be like painting the parchment paper! IMPORTANT: You want to make sure you spread the batter just about from end to end of the baking sheet. You want it to be really thin so that it will be crispy. If it is not spread thin enough it will be a little chewy and not crispy.
- Sprinkle with the ¼ cup mini chocolate chips.¼ cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Bake for 14-15 minutes.
- Once the brittle comes out of the oven score it with a knife or pizza cutter. This will help you break the brittle apart once it cools.
- Melt the white chocolate in the microwave. (60 seconds, stir, 30 seconds, stir, 30 seconds, stir).Drizzle over the brownie brittle. Then sprinkle on the crushed candy canes.1 cup white chocolate melting wafers, 3 tablespoon candy canes
- Once the pan is cool enough to handle pop it in the fridge for 15 minutes so the white chocolate can set up.
- Break apart and enjoy this peppermint brownie brittle!
- Keep this brownie brittle in an airtight container at room temp for up to a week.
- This peppermint brownie brittle makes a great edible gift. Find the printable gift tag below. Package it up in holiday cellophane bags and tie the gift tag to the bag with festive ribbon!
If nutrition facts are provided they are calculated as an estimate to the best of our knowledge.