Peanut Clusters are a classic sweet and salty snack made of melted chocolate and salted cocktail peanuts. They are an easy homemade treat to put together and they only require 3 simple ingredients. They are so easy you can even have the kids help!
Bonus: free printable gift tag included below!
How to Make Peanut Clusters
Melt the Chocolate
You will start with a double boiler, which is a pot of simmering water with a heat safe bowl over top. Do not let the water touch the bowl on top. You simply want the steam from the simmering water to heat up the top bowl.
Place 12 oz of semi-sweet chocolate chips and 12 oz of almond bark (chopped into smaller pieces) in the top of the double boiler. Let it begin to melt and soften on the bottom and then stir until all pieces are melted together.
Add the Peanuts
Take the chocolate off the heat and stir in 1 pound of salted cocktail peanuts or spanish peanuts, which are the best peanuts for chocolate peanut clusters. Stir to coat the peanuts with the melted chocolate mixture.
Drop the Peanut Clusters
Place wax paper, parchment paper or a silpat on a baking sheet. Drop spoonfuls of peanut clusters on the lined baking sheets. I like to make the clusters so they are about 5-6 bites each, which is somewhere between 1 1/2 tablespoons to 2 tablespoons each.
Let the peanut clusters cool until they are solid, which should take about 45 mins to an hour. You can speed up the cooling process by placing them in the refrigerator.
If you cool on the countertop they will still be quite soft in the middle. If you cool in the fridge they will have a nice snap to them and will be completely solid.
Once you have a solid cluster you can eat them, store them on your countertop in an airtight container, or in the fridge in an airtight container (for a firmer peanut cluster).
Great Edible Gift
These also make a great holiday treat for your neighbors and friends. Wrap them up in a cellophane bag tied with a pretty ribbon, then you can print this “We’re Nuts About You” FREE PRINTABLE GIFT TAG and attach it to the bag.
Peanut Cluster Recipe
Peanut Cluster Recipe
- 12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 12 oz white almond bark chopped
- 1 lb. salted cocktail peanuts or salted spanish peanuts
- In a double boiler melt the chocolate chips and almond bark together. Once it is completely smooth, remove from the heat.
- Stir in the peanuts.
- Drop spoonfuls of the peanut cluster mixture onto wax paper or parchment paper lined baking sheets.
- Let cool at room temperature for 45 mins to an hour until they are solid. You can also cool the clusters in the fridge for a firmer peanut cluster.
- Store in an airtight container on the countertop or in the fridge for up to a week.
If you love a chocolate dessert, definitely check out these other chocolate desserts from Mom’s Dinner: