No Churn Mango Ice Cream only requires 4 ingredients, comes together in minutes, and there’s no special ice cream making equipment required! These are all things I can get behind in a dessert recipe.
This Mango Ice Cream comes out smooth and creamy, with chunks of deliciously sweet mangos, and an ice cream base that has perfectly balanced flavors of vanilla and mango.
Another no churn ice cream recipe we love is this Key Lime Cookies and Cream Ice Cream recipe!!! Or, if you happen to have clean fresh snow pop over to this Snow Ice Cream recipe!
Why Make This Mango Ice Cream
- You do not need any specialty ice cream making equipment to enjoy this recipe.
- The ingredients are simple and easy-to-find.
- No need to peel and dice fresh mangos! You can use Del Monte canned diced mangos.
- It is the perfect easy to make summer dessert.
- Great for BBQ dinner parties.
What Does No Churn Mean?
No Churn means that you do not have to have special ice cream making equipment to make this ice cream.
Traditional ice cream recipes require you to have an ice cream maker to churn the ice cream before it goes in the freezer. A lot of recipes also call for you to make an egg custard before you freeze the mixture, but not with no-churn ice cream.
Here are the 4 easy ingredients you need to get this recipe started:
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Del Monte Canned Diced Mangos
I always love a recipe that has a simple ingredient list. Especially if all those ingredients are right in my normal grocery store. I do not have time to be hunting down special ingredients like Madagascar vanilla, people!
Del Monte Canned Diced Mangos
Y’all I can’t even! Canned Diced Mangos are a REAL thing. You do not need to peel, slice and dice a mango (which is really hard if you have never done it before!).
You would need to prep about 4 ripe mangos to equal the amount that is in the can.
How to Make No Churn Mango Ice Cream
This Mango Ice Cream recipe comes together SO quickly. The only hard part is waiting for it to freeze!
Using a stand mixer or hand held mixer with a whisk attachment, whip cold heavy whipping cream on medium high speed until you reach firm peaks, that should be about 3-4 minutes.
Pro Tip: Firm peaks is when you pull the whisk out of the whipped cream and it forms a peak with a sharp tip, and holds its shape.
Turn the mixer to medium low speed and mix in the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla until it is well incorporated, about 30 seconds.
Drain the liquid (reserving the liquid) from the Del Monte Canned Diced Mangos.
With the mixer on medium low speed add ½ cup of the reserved mango juice to the cream mixture.
Now, by hand, fold in all the diced mangos until they are incorporated evenly thru the cream. You can also reserve a few pieces of mango to decorate the top of the ice cream. See the picture below:
Scrape the Mango Ice Cream mixture into a freezer safe pan. I like to use my metal loaf pan. It freezes well and holds just about all the ice cream mixture. I think I had about ⅓ cup left in the bowl. You know I couldn’t resist and ate the leftover with a spoon! It is DELICIOUS pre-frozen too!
Cover the container of Mango Ice Cream with some plastic wrap and place in the freezer for 6+ hours.
Pro Tip: Put a rubber band around the edge of the pan to keep the plastic wrap in place.
Toppings for your No Churn Mango Ice Cream
Here are some great topping options for this Mango Ice Cream:
- Toasted Flaked Coconut
- Toasted Macadamia Nuts
- Salted Pistachios
- Fresh Raspberries
- Extra Del Monte Mangoes
- Whipped Cream
- Crunched Up Vanilla Oreos
- A Maraschino Cherry!
Kid Friendly Recipe
If your kids are anything like mine then they love helping in the kitchen! Especially if we are making a dessert. Here are some jobs the kids can do to help make this ice cream:
- Pouring- the heavy whipping cream, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, and mango juice into the mixing bowl.
- Measuring- the vanilla, heavy whipping cream, and mango syrup.
- Straining the syrup from the canned mangos (don’t forget to save the liquid).
- Licking the beaters… make sure you get a lick too, it’s amazing!!
Other Great Dessert Recipes
No Churn Mango Ice Cream
- freezer proof pan/container (I use a metal loaf pan)
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream make sure it is very cold
- 10 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 15 ounces Del Monte Diced Mangos in light syrup drained, syrup reserved
- Using a stand mixer or hand mixer with a whisk attachment on medium high speed, whip the cold heavy whipping cream to firm peaks, about 3-4 minutes. Pro Tip: Firm peaks is when you pull the whisk out of the whipped cream and a peak with a sharp tip forms and holds its shape.
- Drain the syrup from the mangos, make sure you reserve the syrup for the ice cream!! Set the mangos aside.
- Turn the mixer to medium low speed and whisk in the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, and ½ cup mango syrup until well incorporated, about 30 seconds.
- With a wooden spoon or spatula fold the diced mangos into the cream mixture.
- Pour the mango and cream mixture into a freezer safe container. I like to use a metal loaf pan.
- Cover the pan with plastic wrap and place in the freezer for at least 6 hours, until it is frozen thru.Pro Tip: You can use a large rubber band around the edge of the pan to keep the plastic wrap in place!
- Serve using an ice cream scoop. *Optional- top with your favorite toppings: chopped nuts, toasted coconuts, extra mango chunks, whipped cream, etc…
If nutrition facts are provided they are calculated as an estimate to the best of our knowledge.
I love the big chunks of mango! I have to make this for my Mom! Mangos are here favorite fruit!
She will really love it then!
No churn ice cream is the BEST! These flavors will be perfect for summer. 🙂
It is perfectly cold and fruity for summer.
I love mango anything, and this ice cream looks incredible!
Thank you! I love mango everything too!
What a refreshing flavor ice cream for summer. I love that I can use this recipe with mango or even peaches or apricots for a flavor twist. These is on my to do list:)
Yes- I thought about peaches and cinnamon as another great flavor combo!
I love a yummy no churn ice cream! I love the mango chunks in there – such a yummy addition. I need to make this ASAP
It makes such an amazing summer treat!!