Snow Ice Cream is a delicious homemade ice cream that only uses two ingredients: clean snow & sweetened condensed milk. There is no better snow day activity than making “snow cream” with the kids.
Snow Ice Cream
This recipe could not be easier. But be ready to work fast before the snow melts in your warm house.
Simply take a large bowl outside after a fresh snow and in a clean, untraveled area scoop up 12-14 cups of snow.
Quickly take the snow inside and pour an entire 14 oz. can of sweetened condensed milk over the snow.
Stir vigorously until the snow starts to clump into “ice cream”.
You can stir in sprinkles if you have them! If you like a little extra flavor stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or ½ teaspoon almond extract.
Serve it as soon as it is ready, before it melts. This is not a “save for later” type of ice cream. It will not refreeze well.
Amount of Snow
If you want to have sweeter true ice cream texture then plan to scoop up 12 heaping cups of snow for your snow cream.
If you want a fluffier, lightly sweetened, “I can still tell there is snow in there” grab 14 heaping cups of snow.
2 Ingredient Snow Ice Cream Recipe
How To Make Snow Ice Cream
- 12-14 cups fresh, clean snow (heaping cups)
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- Bring the clean fresh snow inside in a large mixing bowl.*12 heaping cups for sweeter and creamier snow ice cream*14 heaping cups for less sweet and fluffier snow ice cream
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk over the snow.
- Stir vigorously until the snow starts to clump into ice cream (snow cream).
- Serve immediately before it melts!
If nutrition facts are provided they are calculated as an estimate to the best of our knowledge.
Kid Friendly Dessert Recipes
If you are looking at this recipe then chances are your kids are home from school for a snow day. Here are a couple other great recipes that are easy enough for the kids to make or help make themselves if they are a little older: