You scream, I scream, we all scream for ice cream…..especially if it is Cookies and Cream Key Lime Ice Cream! It is the perfect dessert for adults and kids alike!
Cookies and Cream Key Lime Ice Cream is a super delicious dessert. It is full of refreshing citrus lime mixed with sweet cream, a touch of sugar and chunks of crushed vanilla cream cookies. A perfect summer twist on traditional cookies and cream ice cream.
One amazing bonus of this key lime ice cream recipe is that you do not need ice cream churning equipment to get the job done. Yet you still get the creamy sweet goodness of traditional ice cream. All you need is a stand mixer or hand held mixer with a whisk attachment, and a freezer.
Kid Friendly Key Lime Ice Cream Recipe
Another amazing bonus of this recipe is that it is super kid friendly- making and eating.
If you like having your kids help in the kitchen here are some jobs they can help with:
- Older kids can zest the limes.
- Juicing the limes, especially if you have one of those hand held juice presses.
- Measuring and pouring the ingredients into the bowl.
- If you have a stand mixer, kids love to turn it on and off.
- Crushing the cookies in the plastic bag.
- Pouring the cookies and cream mixture into the pan.
- Licking the whisk!
Using Key Limes
Now I KNOW that I used the words “key lime” in the title of this dessert, yet it doesn’t call for key limes specifically. It is really just to convey the flavor of traditional key lime pie.
Key limes are not something I am interested in chasing down. Especially when this dessert is just as delish with regular old limes.
If you are able to find Key Limes, by all means use them. But don’t beat yourself up if you have to use a standard lime! It’s what I use and everyone loves it♥
How to Make No Churn Cookies and Cream Key Lime Ice Cream
Whisk the heavy whipping cream with a stand mixer or hand held mixer with the whisk attachment, on medium high speed, until you have stiff peaks. Stiff peaks is when you pull the beater out of the cream and the mound that pulls out holds its shape and has a sharp tip.
Lower the blender speed to medium low and sprinkle in the powdered sugar, drizzle in the sweetened condensed milk, pour in the lime juice, and the lime zest. Once it is all incorporated stop whisking.
In a large plastic baggie crush the cookies until you have smaller bite size pieces. Do not crush it to dust, you will want some cookie chunks in your ice cream. A rolling pin, smooth meat mallet, or small frying pan will all work great to pound the cookies into pieces.
With a spatula fold the cookies into the cream mixture.
Pour the mixture into a glass or metal loaf pan. Cover the pan with plastic wrap and place in the freezer.
Freeze for 6+ hours.
Cookies and Cream Key Lime Ice Cream Toppings
Here are six options for topping your Key Lime Ice Cream:
- Bare Naked! Just keep it as is, simple and delish.
- A little squirt of whipped cream…
- Sprinkle on some extra lime zest…
- Add some rainbow sprinkles…
- Crush the extra cookies and sprinkle over the top…
- Get super crazy and do all four….
Try it… You’ll Like It
If you are now singing the song from Yo Gabba Gabba in your head “try it, you’ll like it”… you are my people!
But really, If you tried it and liked it, let me know!! Drop me a line or let me know in the comments below. If you share a pic of your beautiful face eating this delicious Cookies and Cream Ice Cream tag me @momsdinnerinsta on Instagram or @momsdinner on Facebook. You will make my day ♣
I hope you give this recipe for Cookies and Cream Key Lime Ice Cream a try in your kitchen.
Cookies and Cream Key Lime Ice Cream - No Churn!
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream (cold)
- 3 tbsp powdered sugar
- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tbsp lime zest (about 2-3 limes)
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice (4-5 limes)
- 10-12 vanilla creme cookie sandwiches (example: Vanilla Oreos)
- Using a stand mixer or hand held mixer with the whisk attachment, on medium high speed, whip the cold heavy whipping cream until you have firm peaks. (Firm peaks are when you pull the whisk out of the cream and a peak with a sharp tip forms and holds its shape). This will take 2-3 minutes.
- Turn the mixer to low speed and sprinkle in the powdered sugar. Next slowly pour in the sweetened condensed milk, whisk until it is combined, about 20 seconds. Add the lime juice and lime zest. Whisk for an additional 20 seconds. Set aside.
- Place the cookies in a large sealable plastic baggie. Crush the cookies- using a rolling pin, smooth meat mallet, or small frying pan works great. Do not crush it to dust, just to smaller bite sized pieces. Like the size of a nickel or dime.
- With a spatula fold the cookies into the cream mixture.
- Gently pour/scrape the mixture into a freezer safe glass or metal loaf pan. Cover and freeze for 6+ hours.
- Scoop the frozen ice cream out into serving bowls or ice cream cone. Add toppings of your choosing: whipped cream, sprinkles, lime zest, crushed cookies, or whole cookies.