Cake Mix Brownies are a delicious way to make brownies if you don’t want to make them from scratch or don’t have a brownie mix laying around. It only takes 4 simple ingredients to make brownies from a chocolate cake mix! Serve them warm with a dollop of Homemade Whipped Cream or Ice Cream.
Why This Recipe Works
- The cake mix already has the flour, chocolate, and sweetener all in one!
- By adding additional fat (chocolate chips and oil) you raise the fat-to-flour ration of the cake mix, which turns them into a brownie that is a little fudgy and still a little cakey.
- The cake mix saves time as compared to making brownies from scratch!
You only need 4 simple ingredients for these Cake Mix Brownies:
- Chocolate Cake Mix, any brand
- Vegetable Oil
- Chocolate Chips
How To Make This Recipe
Start by preheating your oven to 350 and spraying an 8×8 or 9×9 baking pan.
In a mixing bowl combine the cake mix, vegetable oil, eggs.
Then fold in the chocolate chips.
The mixture will be thick
Using a wooden spoon or spatula press the batter into the prepared pan.
Bake for 18-20 minutes.
Let cool for 10 minutes and then cut into 9 large brownies (3×3) or 16 smaller brownies (4×4).
Serve with whipped cream or ice cream!
A cake mix will contain more leavener to make it rise, while a brownie mix is going to container very little. Brownie mixes also generally have more sugar and chocolate content than chocolate cake mixes.
Fudgy brownies have a higher ratio of fat to flour and less leavener.
Cake Mix Brownies
- 15.25 oz Chocolate Cake Mix
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- Prepare your 8×8 or 9×9 baking pan with baking spray or oil.
- In a bowl stir together the cake mix, oil, and eggs until it is well combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter (it will be thick) into the baking pan, press it to fill the entire pan evenly.
- Bake the brownies at 350 for 18-20 minutes.
- Cool the brownies for 10 minutes.
- Cut the brownies into 9 large squares (3×3) or 16 smaller squares (4×4).
- Serve with ice cream or Homemade Whipped Cream for an amazing dessert!
- dark chocolate chips
- white chocolate chips
If nutrition facts are provided they are calculated as an estimate to the best of our knowledge.