Cake Mix Brownies are a delicious way to make brownies if you don’t want to make them from scratch or don’t have a brownie mix laying around. It only takes 4 simple ingredients to make brownies from a chocolate cake mix!
They are a great 50-50 mix of fudgy and cakey brownies! But they are 100% chocolatey and sweet. The perfect dessert.
If you love a shortcut baking recipe using cake mix then check out these other recipes:
You only need 4 simple ingredients for these Cake Mix Brownies:
- Chocolate Cake Mix
- Vegetable Oil
- Chocolate Chips
How To Make Cake Mix Brownies
Start by preheating your oven to 350 and spraying an 8×8 or 9×9 baking pan.
In a mixing bowl combine the cake mix, vegetable oil, eggs.
Then fold in the chocolate chips.
The mixture will be thick – press it into the prepared pan. bake for 18-20 minutes.
Let cool for about 10 minutes and cut into 9 large brownies (3×3) or 16 smaller brownies (4×4).
Serve with ice cream!
Cake Mix Brownie Recipe
Cake Mix Brownies
- 15.25 oz Chocolate Cake Mix
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- Prepare your 8×8 or 9×9 baking pan with baking spray or oil.
- In a bowl stir together the cake mix, oil, and eggs until it is well combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter (it will be thick) into the baking pan, press it to fill the entire pan evenly.
- Bake the brownies at 350 for 18-20 minutes.
- Cool the brownies for 10 minutes.
- Cut the brownies into 9 large squares (3×3) or 16 smaller squares (4×4).
- Serve with ice cream for an amazing dessert!
- dark chocolate chips
- baking M&M’s
- white chocolate chips