Horseradish Cream Sauce is a wonderful thick sauce that is made by mixing sour cream, mayo, mustards, and horseradish. This is a killer sauce originally published by Ina Garten (Barefoot Contessa). She uses it as a dipping sauce for Roasted Beef Tenderloin, which is amazing! But we have found over time that this sauce is good for SO MUCH MORE!!
Uses for Horseradish Cream Sauce
We find this to be like the ultimate “universal sauce”. It is good on just about everything from burgers to potato chips. Here are some great ideas to use this homemade horseradish cream sauce:
Grilled Chicken Sandwiches
This sauce is excellent on top of grilled buttermilk chicken. Here is how to build a killer chicken sandwich: Brioche buns, lots of horseradish cream sauce, lettuce, tomato, grilled chicken, avocado, and thick cut crispy bacon.
Horseradish and pork are a match made in heaven. If you love a pork tenderloin this sauce is perfect to be served on the side!
Whether you make a Grilled Beef Burger, Juicy Turkey Burger or Pork Burger this sauce would be amazing smeared all over the bun and drizzled on the burger! Add some lettuce, tomato and onion for the ultimate summer burger.
Dip or Sauce for….
You can dip just about anything in this sauce, but we love it with:
- chicken fingers
- prime rib
- beef tenderloin
- steak bites
- grilled chicken
- grilled veggies
More Sauce Recipes To Check Out
Did you make this recipe?!
If you make this recipe I would love to hear your review. Pop down to the comment section and connect with me.
Then sign up for our Weekly Newsletter so you never miss a new recipe!
Horseradish Cream Sauce
- 1 ½ cups mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 ½ tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish (more to taste)
- pinch kosher salt
- In a bowl whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, both mustards, horseradish, and kosher salt.
- Can be used right away or place in fridge, covered, for up to 2 weeks.
Using your Horseradish Cream Sauce
- This is like a universal sauce! It is good on just about anything!
- Makes a great grilled chicken sandwich, especially with buttermilk marinated grilled chicken, lettuce, tomato, avocado and thick cut crispy bacon.
- Wonderful on all types of burgers: Beef Burger, Turkey Burger or Pork Burger.
- Excellent dip for pork tenderloin, grilled steak or steak bites, chicken fingers, or grilled veggies.
If nutrition facts are provided they are calculated as an estimate to the best of our knowledge.
We would love to have you comment & rate the recipe!