If you have yet to find a store bought tartar sauce that you like, start making your own Homemade Tartar Sauce! It comes together in a flash and is really, really tasty and fresh! It is the perfect dip for your favorite fish sticks, Homemade fish sticks, Fish Tacos or Fish Cakes.
If you like things spicy, pop over to this recipe for Jalapeno Tartar Sauce!
Here are the things that you need to make tartar sauce: Mayo, Dill Relish, Lemon, Stone Ground Mustard, Fresh Dill and Salt/Pepper.
Step by Step Instructions
- Grab a small mixing bowl.
- Add all the ingredients.
That didn’t take long!
Tartar Sauce is a creamy dipping sauce that is perfect for fish sticks, crab cakes, or really, any fried fish. Here are some ways to use it:
Perfect Homemade Tartar Sauce Recipe
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon dill pickle relish (or sweet relish)
- 2 teaspoon stone ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 heaping teaspoon fresh dill chopped
- healthy pinch of kosher salt & black pepper
- Place all the ingredients in a small bowl. Stir together so it is well combined.
- Taste for additional seasoning.
- Serve with your favorite Fish Sticks!
- Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
If nutrition facts are provided they are calculated as an estimate to the best of our knowledge.