This Easy Skillet Lasagna recipe just takes one pan, a few simple ingredients, and about 30 minutes to make, from start to finish. It is filled with your favorite marinara sauce, ground beef, tender lasagna noodles, and cheeses. It is completely a family friendly dinner!
This is an incredibly easy stove top lasagna, no need to turn on the oven! Saute the beef and onions, add the sauce and noodles and simmer for a total of 20 minutes. This can be a great dinner even on a busy night. And if you like pesoto, definitely give this Pesto Lasagna Skillet recipe a try!
When I make this I buy either traditional lasagna noodles or mafaldine noodles, which are like if you took a lasagna noodle and broke it in half down the middle, lengthwise.
Note- I have not tried this recipe with oven ready noodles.
Lasagna is such a nostalgic food for me. I loved it when I was little, I loved it when I was a teen (and a vegetarian), and I still love it to this day! Here are a couple other lasagna recipes you should check out and add to your dinner rotation:
How to Make Skillet Lasagna
Start with a large skillet that has a well fitting lid.
Over medium heat saute the ground beef, crumbling while cooking. Add ½ cup diced onions and 2 chopped garlic cloves. Saute for another 5 minutes until the ground beef is cooked and the onions are softened.
Pour in 2 cups of your favorite jarred marinara, 1 ½ cups water, and ½ tsp salt. Bring this to a boil.
Lower the heat to low and nestle all the broken lasagna noodles into the liquid. Pop the lid on and simmer for 10 minutes.
Remove the lid and scrape up any bits that are stuck to the bottom of the pan. If the pan is looking dry add another ½ cup water (I usually do this). Stir in 1 cup cottage cheese and sprinkle the top with 4 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese.
Pop the lid back on and simmer on low for another 10-12 minutes, until the noodles are tender and the cheese is melted.
Let the Skillet Lasagna sit off the heat for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Skillet Lasagna for Dinner
If it is a busy night then I highly recommend just having this with a bagged caesar salad. However if you have a little extra time add a salad and warm garlic bread or breadsticks.
Easy Skillet Lasagna Recipe
30 minute Easy Skillet Lasagna
- ½ lb ground beef
- ½ cup diced yellow or white onion
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, chopped
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups jarred marinara
- 1 ½ cups water
- 8 dry lasagna noodles broken up
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 4 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet (that has a lid), over medium heat start to brown and crumble the ground beef. Stir in the the onions and garlic. Saute until the beef is cooked the onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.Drain any excess grease.
- Stir in the 2 cups marinara and 1 ½ cups water, raise the heat to medium-high and bring to a boil.
- Once it boils turn the heat to low, nestle in the broken lasagna noodles.
- Pop the lid on and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove the lid, scrape up any bits that have stuck to the bottom, if the pan is looking dry add another ½ cup water (I usually add it). Stir in the 1 cup cottage cheese and then sprinkle 4 oz shredded mozzarella over top. Cover and simmer an additional 10-12 minutes, until the noodles are tender.
- Let sit uncovered to cool for 5-10 minutes before serving!
If nutrition facts are provided they are calculated as an estimate to the best of our knowledge.