You only need a handful of simple ingredients to make Fresh Basil Vinaigrette, most of which you probably already have in your fridge!
Extra Virgin Olive Oil – I like the added flavor and spiciness that the evoo adds to the basil vinaigrette. However, you can absolutely use other oils like olive oil or canola oil if you prefer.
Vinaigrette is not just for salads! Here are some great ways to use this Basil Vinaigrette:
- Poured on top of garden fresh tomatoes.
- Served over crispy smashed potatoes.
- Over top tomatoes and mozzarella.
- Drizzled on Roasted Fennel or Roasted Radishes
- A dip for grilled chicken, seafood or steak.
- On pasta salad.
- An of course… on a salad!
Big Italian Salad
Tossed over a Big Italian Salad is one of my favorite ways to use the Fresh Basil Vinaigrette. Here are the ingredients:
- 1 bag of mixed greens
- handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
- handful of black olives
- 1 raw fennel bulb, core removed, sliced thin
- quartered artichoke hearts
- English cucumber sliced
- parmesan or mozzarella cheese
- big flavorful croutons
Fresh Basil Vinaigrette Recipe
- Measure all the ingredients into a blender or food processor. Blend until it is a smooth puree/vinaigrette. Pro Tip: if using a blender, you may need to add an additional tablespoon of water to get things blending.If the dressing is a little tart, you can add a pinch of sugar or a little honey to balance the flavors.
- Use right away or store in the fridge for up to a week.
- Shake well before using.The extra virgin olive oil may solidify a smidge in the fridge, leave at room temp for about 5 minutes to use. Give it a good shake. Or add a ½ teaspoon up to 1 teaspoon warm water and then shake to speed up the process.
- Goes great dressed on this Big Italian Salad!
If nutrition facts are provided they are calculated as an estimate to the best of our knowledge.