No Bake Cookies are a delicious and fudgy cookie that you don’t have to bake in the oven! Sugar, milk, butter, vanilla, cocoa, peanut butter, and quick oats are mixed together on the stove top and then dropped onto parchment paper to cool. This is an easy no-bake cookie recipe that only takes a few minutes to make!
It is a dessert/sweet treat that has been enjoyed for generations and generations, just like these No Bake Peanut Clusters. They never go out of style! I remember eating them as a little girl, and now my kids LOVE them!
Here are the specific ingredients that you need to make this Chocolate No Bake Cookie Recipe. It’s a lot of simple ingredients you probably have in your pantry and fridge:
1 stick of butter (salted or unsalted)
2 cups white sugar
½ cup milk (any kind)
1 teaspoon vanilla
¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
½ cup creamy peanut butter
2 ½ cups quick cooking oats
Step by Step Picture Instructions
Pro Tip: Start by prepping all your ingredients, once you get started the recipe moves along quickly!
Prep 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and grab the utensil you will use to drop the cookies.
In a large pot over medium/medium-high heat bring the 2 cups sugar, ½ cup milk, and butter to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes.
Turn the heat off and quickly stir in the vanilla, peanut butter, cocoa powder, and oats.
AS SOON AS IT IS COMBINED move on to dropping the cookie mixture by the spoonful onto the sheets of parchment.
Let them set up at room temperature, for at least 20 minutes, and then enjoy!!
Store your Chocolate No Bake Cookies at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 5 days. But, they probably won’t last that long- they are GOOD!!
Tips for Making Fudgy No Bake Cookies
There are a few things to remember to get the best results when making these cookies:
- Prepare and measure all your ingredients ahead of time. This recipe goes FAST and you don’t want to be fumbling for ingredients.
- Prepare two baking sheets with parchment paper before you start cooking. Once everything is mixed it sets up very quickly.
- Drop the no bake cookies onto the parchment AS SOON as the ingredients are mixed. The mixture will set up quickly and if you don’t drop them into cookies immediately your cookies will not stick together correctly and they will be dry and brittle.
- By dropping them quickly they also spread into perfectly shaped no bake cookies!
- Use a small scoop like the one pictured below, if you have it. It will make the process go quickly and all the Chocolate No Bake Cookies will be uniform.
More No Bake Dessert Recipes
If you love a sweet treat but the thought of baking a whole cake is too much, check out these other no-bake desserts:
Chocolate No Bake Cookie Recipe
- This recipe goes fast and you want to be ready for the next step before you get there! Prep and measure all your ingredients so they are ready to go.Prep two baking sheets lined with parchment paper and the spoon or scoop you will drop the cookies with.
No Bake Cookies
- In a large pot over medium/medium-high heat bring 1 stick of butter, 2 cups of sugar, and ½ cup of milk to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn the heat off and stir in the ¼ cup cocoa powder, ½ cup creamy peanut butter, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and 2 ½ cups quick cooking oats.Stir just until everything is mixed together.
- QUICKLY drop the hot chocolate/oat mixture by the spoonful onto the parchment paper. It will slightly spread and then harden.(do this step quickly bc the mixture will set up FAST and you want to have all the cookies dropped before it sets!!!)
- Let cool for about 20 minutes and they are ready to eat.
- Store in an air tight container at room temp. for up to 5 days.
If nutrition facts are provided they are calculated as an estimate to the best of our knowledge.