Buffalo Chicken Nachos are the ultimate buffalo flavored appetizer! Talk about amazing game day food. It’s like the perfect mash up of Buffalo chicken wings, Buffalo chicken dip and nachos, all in one!
Tortilla chips are loaded with a homemade creamy buffalo chicken sauce and then topped with melted cheese, a little blue cheese crumble and some green onions. Just add a cold drink and a pile of napkins on the side.
Ingredients & Supplies
Here are the things you will need to make this Buffalo Chicken Nacho recipe:
- Large rimmed baking sheet
- Tortilla chips
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded or cubed
- Franks Red Hot Sauce (Buffalo Sauce)
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1-2 fresh garlic cloves
- 3 cups shredded cheese – cheddar, monterey jack, colby jack, or pepper jack
- blue cheese crumbles
- green onions
For this recipe you will need cooked chicken. Buying a rotisserie chicken is a great option, especially if you have a Costco nearby. But if you want to cook your own this rotisserie chicken or poached chicken works great here. If you have an Instant Pot you can make this Instant Pot Shredded Chicken. Or for another layer of flavor you could use Smoked Chicken!
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Nachos
You may have heard of Buffalo Chicken Dip, this nacho recipe is like taking that dip to the next level! Let’s get started…
Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees.
Now in a bowl mix the softened cream cheese, chicken, hot sauce, sour cream, and minced garlic clove together. Stir it really well so the cream cheese is distributed evenly.
Lay a generous amount of tortilla chips on your rimmed baking sheet. Dot the top of the chips with the buffalo chicken mixture.
Pop it in the oven for about 5 minutes, this will “melt/soften” the dip. Take the nachos out and with a wooden spoon or spatula spread the dip across the chips.
Top with the shredded cheese and pop it back in the oven for another 5-8 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
Finish the buffalo chicken nachos with a sprinkle of blue cheese crumbles and chopped green onions.
That’s it! Enjoy your nachos hot while the cheese is melty!
Buffalo Chicken Nachos
- tortilla chips
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- 2 cups cooked chicken shredded or cubed see notes for cooked chicken options
- ½ cup Buffalo sauce like Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1-2 fresh garlic cloves minced
- 3 cups shredded cheese cheddar monterey jack, colby jack, or pepper jack
- ½ cup blue cheese crumbles
- ½ cup green onions chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Lay a generous amount of tortilla chips over the rimmed baking sheet and set aside.
- In a bowl mix together the softened cream cheese, chicken, hot sauce, sour cream and garlic together. Stir really well so the cream cheese is distributed evenly.
- Spoon the chicken mixture over the tortilla chips in dollops.
- Pop in the oven and warm for 5 minutes.
- Remove the nachos from the oven and with a wooden spoon or spatula spread the buffalo chicken mixture across the chips.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese over the top and place back in the oven for 5-8 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle on the crumbled blue cheese and green onions.
- Serve hot!
If nutrition facts are provided they are calculated as an estimate to the best of our knowledge.