Baked Spinach Artichoke Dip can definitely be called a crowd pleaser! It is the perfect appetizer dip. It starts with a little (okay, a lot) cream cheese, sour cream, and mayo whipped up until it is creamy and fluffy. Then it gets loaded up with garlic, spinach and artichokes. Bake it until it is hot and bubbly. Serve it up with tortilla chips, baguettes, or bagel chips.
If you love this spinach and artichoke recipes definitely check out this one for Spinach Artichoke Lasagna and Baked Artichoke Chicken Salad!
Here are the items you need to grab to make this spinach artichoke dip:
- cream cheese
- sour cream
- kosher salt and pepper
- cayenne pepper
- fresh garlic
- parmesan cheese
- frozen spinach
- canned artichokes
- green onions
This artichoke dip recipe calls for a 10 oz package of frozen spinach. You will want to make sure that you thaw it COMPLETELY because it is crucial to the recipe that you squeeze the excess water from your spinach before adding it to the dip! If you skip this step you will have soup instead of dip.
You can use fresh spinach! You will need at least a pound of fresh chopped spinach to equal the amount called for in the recipe. Pop it in a skillet with a little olive oil and saute until it is softened and cooked down. Then you will need to give it a really good squeeze to get rid of any excess water.
To serve this creamy and amazing warm dip you will want to have some dippers! I love to use bagel chips, tortilla chips, crostini or warm baguettes. However you can also use veggies, like carrots or celery, or whatever chip or cracker you think sounds yummy with a creamy dip!
You can absolutely make this spinach dip a day or two ahead! Just prep completely, however leave the additional cheese off the top. Cover the baking dish with foil and pop in the fridge for a day or two.
When you are ready to have the dip, top it with the additional cheese and pop it in the oven as the recipe card indicates (400 degree oven). You may need to add 5 minutes to the cooking time if you are baking it straight from the fridge.
Other Great Appetizers
If it’s a party you are planning then you might need some other appetizers to serve with this spinach artichoke dip. My Buffalo Chicken Nachos, Baked Feta with Tomatoes, Cajun Shrimp, Steak Bites and Deviled Eggs all make amazing appetizers! Don’t forget to mix up some killer cocktails, like these pomegranate margaritas or tequila sours.
Baked Spinach Artichoke Dip Recipe
Baked Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 8 oz cream cheese softened at room temp.
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 ½ cups grated parmesan cheese divided
- 2 teaspoon fresh garlic minced (about 2-3 garlic cloves)
- 10 oz frozen chopped spinach thawed and squeezed of excess liquid
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- pinch or two cayenne pepper extra for more heat
- 14 oz canned, quartered artichoke hearts drained and lightly chopped
- 2 oz jar pimentos drained
- ½ cup green onions chopped
- Any of the following are delish as dippers: pita chips, tortilla chips, carrots, celery, lavosh, bagel chips, warm baguette, or crostini
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Grab an 8×8 or similar size baking dish.
- This step is very important so your spinach artichoke dip doesn't end up like soup! Thaw your frozen chopped spinach in the fridge overnight or in the microwave. With a towel or fine mesh colander squeeze the excess water out of the spinach.
- With a hand mixer and a large bowl first combine the softened cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, 1 CUP of the grated parmesan cheese, minced garlic, salt, pepper, and cayenne. Mix until it is nice and fluffy, about 1 minute.Sprinkle in the spinach, breaking up any large chunks, and stir in by hand, until it is well distributed.Fold in the artichokes, pimentos and green onions.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish and top with the remaining ½ cup of parmesan cheese. Cover with foil.TIP: lightly spray the bottom side of the foil with cooking spray so it won't stick to the cheese!!
- Bake the spin dip for 15 minutes. Remove the foil and bake another 15 minutes. (if you want a really golden top you can broil for the last couple minutes)
- Cool for just about 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve this spinach artichoke dip warm/hot with any of the following dippers:pita chips, tortilla chips, carrots, celery, lavosh, bagel chips, warm baguette, crostini.
If nutrition facts are provided they are calculated as an estimate to the best of our knowledge.
This spinach artichoke dip is amazing!