Roasted Radishes are a delicious and healthy vegetable side dish. Actually you may even think they are potatoes! Sneaky-Sneaky low carb potatoes!
They are super simple to make, just 4 easy steps:
- Wash, trim and cut 1 lb. of fresh radishes
- Place the prepared radishes on a baking sheet
- Drizzle with Olive Oil & Salt
- Roast for 20 mins.
How to Make Roasted Radishes
As you can see from above making Roasted Radishes is fast and easy. Start by preheating your oven to 400 degrees.
Simply wash 1 pound of fresh radishes, trim the stem and root end. Then cut them in half or if you have some larger ones go ahead and quarter those.
Place the cut radishes on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Toss to coat.
Place the baking sheet in the oven for 20 minutes. Give the radishes a toss about half way through.
Time to eat!
Seasonings for Roasted Radishes
I like to eat these radishes just with a little salt and olive oil. But here are some other ideas for seasonings:
(note, I would toss the radishes with these seasonings AFTER roasting to prevent burning the herbs)
- chopped thyme
- chopped rosemary
- fresh chopped garlic
- lemon zest
- drizzle with a little pesto
- fresh grated parmesan
Recipe for Roasted Radishes
- 16 oz fresh radishes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt up to ½ tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash, trim root and stem ends, and half the radishes. If you have some larger ones quarter those so you have uniform sizes.
- On a rimmed baking sheet toss the cut radishes with the olive oil and salt. Place in the oven for 20-22 minutes, tossing the radishes half way through.They should be lightly browned and fork tender.
- Optional: season with herbs, lemon zest, pesto, garlic or parmesan after roasting.
If nutrition facts are provided they are calculated as an estimate to the best of our knowledge.