What do you get when you cross a yellow cake mix and 2 Jiffy cornbread mixes….. The Best Ever Cornbread recipe!!!! It’s so easy and so perfect. It’s everything you love in a good cornbread- it has a fluffy texture, it’s just sweet enough- but not too sweet, it has that delicious hint of corn flavor, and it’s NOT dry and crumbly. This recipe doesn’t need a lot of explanation, it’s just easy and good! It will become your “go to” cornbread recipe.
Use What You Have
In this recipe you are basically following the ingredient instructions for the yellow cake mix and the Jiffy corn mix. In this recipe I use a Betty Crocker yellow cake mix which calls for 3 eggs, 1/2 cup of vegetable oil, and 1 cup of water. If you have another brand of yellow cake mix that calls for different ingredients go ahead and just follow that instead. It will work just fine. Do not make an extra trip to the store if you already have what you need at home!
Serving your Cornbread
- Top with honey and fresh sliced strawberries for a sweet breakfast.
- Serve as a pancake substitute for breakfast and top with maple syrup.
- Perfect side dish for chili or red beans and rice.
- Crumble into a chili or corn chowder instead of crackers.
- Perfect snack with a pat of butter!
I hope you give this recipe for Best Ever Cornbread a try in your kitchen.
- 1 box yellow cake mix**
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 boxes Jiffy corn muffin mix
- ⅔ cup milk
- 5 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Prepare a 9x13 pan with baking spray or oil. (You can also use 2- 8x8 or 9x9 pans)
- Mix all ingredients by hand, just until combined. Pour mixture into the prepared 9x13 pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until the top is golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.