There is nothing that screams summer louder than a glass of Fresh Watermelon Juice. It is refreshing and slightly sweet and tastes just like eating a big wedge of watermelon.
It doesn’t take much to make Watermelon Juice, a big juicy ripe watermelon, a blender, and a fine mesh sieve. No juicer is needed for this recipe!
I have found that blending 5 cups of fresh watermelon will yield exactly 5 cups of juice, including the pulp which can be kind of thick so I highly recommend straining it out.
Once you strain the juice and pulp through a fine mesh sieve (with cheesecloth) you will have about 3 1/4 cups watermelon juice.
Start by cutting your watermelon in half and scooping out your desired amount of fresh watermelon, the recipe calls for 5 cups. Seedless is preferred, but if there are some seeds that is ok, they will blend up and be strained out.
Pop your watermelon chunks in the blender and give it a whirr until everything is liquified. This will happen pretty fast!
Slowly pour the watermelon juice through a fine mesh sieve with a bowl underneath , let it sit above the bowl for about 5 minutes to extract all the juice. This will remove the extra pulp and seeds.
EXTRA TIP: I also like to line the fine mesh sieve with some cheese cloth to get rid of the extra pulp, but this is totally optional!
Serve your watermelon juice by itself or over ice, optionally with a squeeze of lime or some fresh mint.
Store your fresh watermelon juice in the fridge in a pitcher. It will keep for 4-5 days. You may need to give it a stir before serving if the juice separates a little.
Watermelon Juice Recipe
How to Make Watermelon Juice
- Fine Mesh Sieve (strainer)
- 5 cups fresh watermelon
- Scoop out 5 cups of fresh watermelon. Place in a blender and whirr until everything is liquified.
- Place a fine mesh sieve (optionally lined with cheesecloth) over a bowl and slowly pour the watermelon juice through. Let it sit for about 5 minutes above the bowl so all the juice can drip through.
- Serve as is or over ice – optionally with a squeeze of lime or fresh mint.
- Store leftover watermelon juice in the fridge for up to 4-5 days. If it separates in the fridge just give it a stir before serving.