Rolo Pretzel Turtles are a classic treat that only require 3 ingredients: Rolo candies, pecans, and pretzels. Rolo Turtles are really easy to make and are ready in about 15 minutes!
Turtle candy is a common chocolate treat that you get at a candy store or in candy boxes at Valentine’s Day or Christmas. They are pecans topped with chewy caramel and then coated in milk chocolate.
They are one of my absolute favorite candies! And “turtle” is one of my favorite flavor combos.
The term “turtle” comes from the very first Turtle candies that were made by DeMet Candy Co. in 1918 because they literally looked like turtles with large chocolate shells!
Rolo candy is soft caramel covered in milk chocolate in a kind of bell shape.
You can find Rolo Candy in your local grocery store. They will be in the candy section, in bags, individually wrapped. Or you can find them in the checkout lanes with the other candy, they will be in a roll and not individually wrapped.
These Turtle Candies make an excellent edible gift for someone special. Wrap a few up and attach this FREE PRINTABLE GIFT TAG with a special message.
How to Make Rolo Pretzel Turtles
Preheat the oven to 250 degrees.
In a dry pan over medium low heat toast the pecans for about 4-5 minutes until they slightly darken in color (but not burned) and become a little crunchy. Take off the heat and set aside. **This first step in optional but I love how it makes the pecans a little crunchy.
Place your pretzels on a baking sheet and place one rolo candy on top of each pretzel. Place in the oven for about 3-4 minutes until the rolos are soft, but not melted.
Press one pecan in the top of each soft rolo.
Cool the Rolo Pretzel Turtles in the fridge for about 5-10 minutes until the chocolate firms back up.
Store at room temp in an airtight container for up to a week.
Rolo Pretzel Turtle Recipe
Rolo Pretzel Turtles
- 24 small pretzels we like the butter snaps, but you can use the small twist pretzels.
- 24 individual Rolo candies
- 24 pecan halves toasted
- Preheat the oven to 250°
- Toast the pecans. In a dry pan over medium low heat toast the pecans until they are golden and crispy. About 4-5 minutes.**This step is optional but recommended.
- Bake the Rolos on top of the pretzels for 3-4 mins. Place the pretzels on a baking sheet and place 1 rolo in the center of each pretzel. Bake in the oven for 3-4 minutes, until the rolos are soft.
- Add the pecans to the soft Rolos. Press 1 pecan in the center of the warm Rolo, until the Rolo is flattened.
- Refrigerate for 5-10 mins. Place the Rolo Pretzel Turtles in the fridge for about 5-10 minutes until the chocolate firms back up.
- Store your Rolo Pretzel Turtles at room temp. in an airtight container for up to a week.
If nutrition facts are provided they are calculated as an estimate to the best of our knowledge.