Instant Pot Hamburger Soup is an easy and fast instant pot dinner recipe, that only cooks for 4 minutes! This is a healthy soup recipe that is full of veggies and protein and can be easily put together on a busy weeknight.
Healthy Instant Pot Soup
I can always use a few more veggies in my diet, especially in the winter when all I want to eat is carbs and cheese. Right!?
This is a healthier instant pot soup that you can add to your dinner rotation. It is full of veggies and protein, and if you use lean ground beef (90/10) it is even healthier.
Leftovers also make an amazing lunch.
Make Ahead Instant Pot Dinner
This recipe is so easy that you really do not need to make it ahead. But, I will say that it gets even more flavorful with time, just like chili.
But, there are weeks where it’s hard to get an “easy” dinner on the table, I know from experience. So this is a great soup to throw together on the weekend and pop in the fridge for those crazy busy nights. It would also make a great lunch to take to work, or put in a thermos to send to school with your kids.
I love my Instant Pot and the pot I use and recommend is the Instant Pot Duo Plus 60 6 quart 9-in-1, the main reason I love this pot is because of the size, 6 quart. I don’t think I will ever get around to using all 9 features, but they are there if I need them.
For this reason I also recommend the Instant Pot 6 quart 7-in-1, it’s a little less expensive, and it still gives you the 6 quart size.
How to Make Instant Pot Hamburger Soup
Are you ready for this…
You will only be setting the Instant Pot for 4 minutes, just like this Sweet Potato Quinoa Chili and Creamy Potato Soup. I love a fast and easy dinner recipe!
First, set your Instant Pot to sauté mode and soften the onions and garlic in the olive oil for about 3 minutes.
Now add the ground beef and slightly brown the beef for about 5 minutes. Drain as much of the fat and grease as you can from the pot before moving on.
Turn the sauté mode off and add the Worcestershire sauce, potatoes, salt, pepper, optional rosemary, beef base, tomato paste and beef broth. Give it a stir to “melt” the beef base and tomato paste into the broth.
Pop the lid on and make sure that the pressure valve is set to “seal”. Set the Instant Pot to manual pressure mode, on high, for 4 minutes. Only 4 minutes!!!
Do a quick release of the pressure.
Next, add the diced tomatoes and mixed frozen vegetables. Give the soup a few good stirs to combine everything.
The heat of the pot will thaw the frozen vegetables. I love adding the veggies last because they keep a little bit of their crunch, and cool the incredibly hot soup just a tad.
Since this soup already has a ton of veggies and protein we don’t always add a side dish. But some nice crusty ciabatta warmed in the oven would go great with this soup!
More Amazing Instant Pot Soup Recipes
Did you make this recipe?!
If you make this recipe I would love to hear your review. Pop down to the comment section and connect with me.
Then sign up for our Weekly Newsletter so you never miss a new recipe!
Easy Instant Pot Hamburger Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb. ground beef it is best to use a lower fat content beef for this recipe, like 85/15 or 90/10
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced **optional, but recommended (could use fresh thyme as a substitute)
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- pepper to taste
- 1 russet potato, peeled and cut into ½-1 inch dice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tablespoon beef base
- ½ tablespoon tomato paste
- 32 oz beef broth
- 15 oz can diced tomatoes do not drain
- 12 oz bag of frozen mixed vegetables (carrots, green beans, peas, corn)
- 1 teaspoon sugar **optional, but it helps cut the acidity and bite of the tomatoes
- With your Instant Pot on sauté mode soften the onions and garlic in the oil for about 3-4 minutes. Add the ground beef and cook, while crumbling for about 5 minutes (it's ok if it isn't cooked all the way thru).1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 yellow onion, diced, 2 garlic cloves, minced, 1 lb. ground beef
- Drain the excess grease from the ground beef/onion mixture.
- Stir in the salt, pepper, rosemary (optional), potatoes, beef base, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, and beef broth, and give it a stir to incorporate everything.1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced **optional, but recommended, ½ teaspoon kosher salt, pepper to taste, 1 russet potato, peeled and cut into ½-1 inch dice, 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, ½ tablespoon beef base, 32 oz beef broth, ½ tablespoon tomato paste
- Turn off the saute mode, pop the lid on and set it to manual/pressure mode, on high pressure, for 4 minutes. Do a quick release of pressure.
- Stir in the can of diced tomatoes and the bag of frozen veggies. Give it a stir and let it sit for about 5 minutes so the veggies can warm thru. Taste for additional seasoning (sugar, salt, or pepper).15 oz can diced tomatoes, 12 oz bag of frozen mixed vegetables (carrots, green beans, peas, corn), 1 teaspoon sugar **optional, but it helps cut the acidity and bite of the tomatoes
If nutrition facts are provided they are calculated as an estimate to the best of our knowledge.
Check Out More Soup Recipes on Mom’s Dinner
If you love having soup for dinner, especially on cold fall and winter nights, check out the complete list of Mom’s Dinner Soup Recipes!
Best tasting hamburger soup and so easy to make. This recipe goes into the family recipe collection. Thanks for sharing.
Reminds me a lot of my mama’s hamburger soup. It was the best warming comfort food.
Good & easy
I made this tonight and it was super easy and super yummy. I didn’t have beef base, beef broth, nor the spice. So i added instead thyme, chx base, and 1 cup of water plus 1T soy sauce as a substitute for the beef broth. It was still so yummy!
That’s awesome- way to improvise!
Lauren Grant | Zestful Kitchen
Oh my gosh, I LOVE how quick this comes together! Perfect for busy weeknights!
Very easy to make and tastes delicious!
My fiancé is going to love this one!
Perfect soup! Packed with flavors everyone loves!! 😋
Thank you!! It’s a classic for sure