Garlic Cheddar Biscuits are a flavorful and garlicky biscuit that comes together with just a couple ingredients. It is a super easy bread recipe to make for dinner. It is a perfect copycat recipe for Red Lobster’s Cheddar Bay Biscuits.
Tender Bisquick biscuits are filled with melted cheddar cheese and topped with garlic butter.
This is considered a “drop biscuit” recipe. Which is, in my opinion, the best kind of biscuit to make. It doesn’t require any chilling, rolling, or kneading of the dough.
Simply mix the biscuit ingredients together and drop them by the spoonful onto a cookie sheet and they are ready to bake!
How to Make Garlic Cheddar Drop Biscuits
You only need a couple ingredients for this recipe:
- Bisquick original mix
- shredded cheddar cheese
- garlic powder
Start by preheating the oven to 450 degrees and lining a baking sheet with parchment paper or a reusable silpat.
In a bowl lightly mix together 2 cups Bisquick mix, ⅔ cup milk, and ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese.
Drop the biscuits onto the baking sheet, it is about ¼ cup per biscuit.
This dough is pretty sticky, so I recommend dropping the biscuits using an ice cream scoop or ¼ cup measuring cup that has been greased with olive oil or cooking spray.
Bake for 8-10 minutes, until the tops are golden and they are cooked through.
Melt the butter and garlic powder together in the microwave. When the biscuits come out of the oven brush the tops, generously, with the butter mixture.
Store your leftover biscuits in an airtight container or plastic baggie at room temp for up to 4 days.
This recipe for Garlic Cheddar Biscuits makes an excellent table bread, especially if you are having something like cajun shrimp. Ot they would be a great biscuit replacement for my Chicken & Biscuits recipe.
If you love this recipe, definitely check out my Beer Bread recipe, it is super easy too!
Garlic Cheddar Biscuits Recipe
Garlic Cheddar Biscuits
- 2 cups Bisquick Original mix
- ⅔ cup milk
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoon salted butter melted
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder could also use 1 fresh garlic clove, minced
- Preheat the oven to 450° , line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a reusable silpat.
- By hand, mix the 2 cups Bisquick, ⅔ cup milk, ½ cup shredded cheese just until combined.
- Drop the biscuit mix by the spoonful onto the parchment lined baking sheet. This will make 8-9 biscuits.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until golden and baked through.
- While they bake combine the 3 tablespoon melted butter and the ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Remove from oven and brush or spoon the garlic butter over the biscuits.
If nutrition facts are provided they are calculated as an estimate to the best of our knowledge.
We would love to have you comment & rate the recipe!