Frito Taco Salad is a classic meatless taco salad that is full of lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, chili beans and crunchy Fritos. Sweet and tangy Catalina dressing tops off this salad. This makes a great dinner salad, especially during the Spring and Summer.
Beef Taco Salad
This is a vegetarian taco salad but if you want to add a little beef you certainly can! Just brown and crumble 1 lb of ground beef and add taco seasoning.
How to Make Frito Taco Salad
Start by chopping and washing a whole head of iceberg lettuce. You could also use romaine. Place in a large serving bowl.
Add a whole can of chili beans in sauce and desired amount of catalina dressing. Toss to coat the lettuce.
Top with diced fresh tomatoes, shredded cheddar cheese, chopped green onions, and Fritos.
Mix it up and serve!
More Salad Recipes
Frito Taco Salad Recipe
- 1 large head of iceberg lettuce could also use romaine
- 15 oz can of chili beans in sauce – do not drain completely! Just drain liquid in top of the can.
- Catalina dressing Add desired amount
- 2 cups Fritos
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomatoes cherry tomatoes or roma tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup chopped green onions
- Wash and chop the lettuce.1 large head of iceberg lettuce
- In a large serving bowl toss together the (lightly drained) can of chili beans in sauce and your desired amount of catalina dressing.15 oz can of chili beans in sauce, Catalina dressing
- Add in the fritos, cheese, tomatoes, and green onions.2 cups Fritos, 1 cup chopped fresh tomatoes, 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, ½ cup chopped green onions
- Toss the salad and serve!
If nutrition facts are provided they are calculated as an estimate to the best of our knowledge.