No, this is not an actual recipe for Dirt and Worms. LOL! It is a fun kids treat made of chocolate pudding (mud), crushed Oreos (dirt), and gummy worms (worms), that are layered to look like earth with worms crawling out. It is a great snack for a birthday, a group of kids, or a fun Halloween treat!
Just 4 ingredients to make this cute kid-friendly snack:
- 18-20 Oreos
- Instant Chocolate Pudding
- Milk (for the pudding)
- Gummy Worms
Pudding – of course if you prefer the cook and serve pudding, you can use that. Just make sure you wait to layer your cups until the pudding is set.
Or if you have a homemade pudding recipe you like to use, that will work too!
Step by Step Picture Instructions
Start by preparing the instant chocolate pudding per package instructions. Let it set up, about 10 minutes.
Now crush the Oreos by placing them in a plastic baggie and using a small frying pan, rolling pin or meat tenderizer to crush them into a fine/medium crumb. You can also pop them in a food processor and pulse about 30-40 times.
Grab the glasses you will use.
Pro Tip: you definitely want a clear glass or cup for this treat! You want to be able to see the layers of “mud & dirt”.
Place a tablespoon of crushed Oreos on the bottom, and then a heaping tablespoon of pudding, followed by another layer of Oreos and then a layer of pudding.
Now, place the gummy worms so they stick into the pudding just a little. This will anchor them in the cup.
Finish by covering the gummy worms with a tablespoon of crushed Oreo (aka. dirt).
Serve right away or pop in the fridge for a few hours.
More Fun Recipes for Kids!
Dirt and Worms Recipe
- small clear cups
- 3.6 oz box Instant chocolate pudding
- 2 cups cold milk to prepare the pudding
- 18 up to 20 – Oreos crushed
- 5 oz bag gummy worms
- Start by preparing your instant chocolate pudding per package instructions.Let it set up, this will take about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile crush the Oreo cookies into a crumble. Pulse them in a food processor for 30-40 times, or place them in a baggie and crush them with a rolling pin or meat tenderizer.
- Grab the small clear cups and layer the dirt and worms:1 tablespoon crushed Oreos1 heaping tablespoon chocolate pudding1 tablespoon crushed Oreos1 heaping tablespoon chocolate puddinganchor the gummy worms in the puddingtop with another layer of 1 tablespoon crushed Oreos
- You should have enough to make 6 cups.
- Serve immediately or pop in the fridge for a few hours.
If nutrition facts are provided they are calculated as an estimate to the best of our knowledge.