If we didn’t have Jiffy Corn Casserole for the holiday, did it even happen?
That is truly how I feel! Any holiday we are celebrating, whether it is Thanksgiving, Friendsgiving, Christmas, Easter, 4th of July… Corn Casserole is the one dish that I want to see on the table.
This is the recipe that my Mom always made and is now passed down to my generation. It certainly doesn’t fall in the healthy category. But, don’t mind the ingredients (stick of butter, cup of cheese, cup of sour cream, 3 eggs), just enjoy the amazing flavor in ignorant bliss.
It’s good to indulge every once in a while, right!?
What is Corn Casserole
To my family, Corn Casserole is a side dish that is made with a mixture of corn, corn bread, sour cream, cheese, onions, and peppers… and a lot of butter. It is a slightly sweet, yet savory, side dish. It has the perfect consistency, somewhere between soft bread and pudding.
Corn Casserole can also be called Corn Pudding, Spoon Bread, Cornbread Casserole or even Pudding Corn
How to Make Corn Casserole
This is actually a super easy recipe. Which is great for the holidays when you have a lot of labor intensive dishes to make.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
In a saute pan, over medium heat, melt 1 stick of butter… oh yeah, good start!!
Add the chopped onions, green peppers and salt & saute for about 5 minutes.
While the veggies soften, mix all the other ingredients together in a large mixing bowl:
- canned corn, drained
- cream corn
- sour cream
- Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
Let the onions and green peppers cool for a few minutes then stir it into the corn mixture.
Pour that mixture into a small baking dish, like a 9×9 pan.
At this point you can refrigerate the Corn Casserole and bake the next day.
When you are ready to serve the Corn Casserole, bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
This recipe is also easily doubled for a crowd! Simply double all the ingredients and use a 9×13 baking dish.
I hope you give this recipe for Easy Jiffy Corn Casserole a try in your kitchen.
Jiffy Corn Casserole Recipe
Easy Jiffy Corn Casserole
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/2 cup green pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 8.5 oz box Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
- 1 15.25 oz canned whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 14.75 oz canned cream style corn
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 3 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a saute pan, over medium heat, melt the butter and saute the chopped onions and green peppers with the salt for about 5 minutes, until softened.
- Meanwhile, mix all the remaining ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Let the onion-pepper mixture cool for a few minutes and then stir into the corn mixture.
- Pour the Corn Casserole mixture into a small baking dish, around a 9×9 size or a 2 quart casserole dish.Bake, uncovered, for 45-50 minutes until the top is golden brown.