This Christmas Punch is an easy recipe to mix together and serve to a crowd. It is perfect for the season, great for a holiday party or a Christmas dinner. The recipe has flavors of cranberry, pomegranate, and orange, all topped off with ginger ale. Garnish it with orange slices, fresh cranberries and pomegranate seeds for a festive Christmas Drink!
Why It’s SO Good
- The best part is that it’s a super simple Christmas Punch, as easy as pour-and-stir!
- The recipe makes a large pitcher, or double the recipe for a large punch bowl, which is great for a Christmas Party.
- It’s a non-alcoholic Christmas Punch so it is adult AND kid-friendly.
- It has all the flavors of the Holiday Season.
- It calls for simple ingredients that can all be found at your local grocery store.
You only need 4 ingredients to make this Holiday Punch: Cranberry Juice, Orange Juice, Pomegranate Juice, and Ginger Ale.
Cranberry Juice- If you can, purchase 100% JUICE Cranberry Juice, skip the ultra sweet cranberry cocktail. A cranberry blend would work too: cranberry-pomegranate or cranberry-raspberry juice. However you will want to avoid 100% PURE Cranberry Juice, it will be too tart for your punch.
Pomegranate Juice – I like to purchase POM Wonderful pomegranate juice for this recipe.
OJ- I LOVE super pulpy orange juice, but for this recipe I recommend purchasing a pulp free orange juice.
Ginger Ale – I like the flavor of Ginger Ale added to this blend of juices, however you can sub a lemon-lime soda.
How To Make Christmas Punch
Start with nice cold ingredients.
In a large pitcher stir together the cranberry juice, orange juice and pomegranate juice. At this point you can pop it in the fridge for a few hours.
Right before serving pour in the ginger ale. Give it a couple light stirs to mix.
Garnish the pitcher with fresh cranberries, orange slices and pomegranate seeds.
Serve in glasses with a little ice.
Additional Garnish Ideas
I like using the whole cranberries, pomegranate arils (seeds), and orange slices because it reflects the flavors in the punch. You could also add any of these on the side for an extra fun garnish:
- Sprigs of fresh mint.
- Fresh rosemary stems.
- Lime slices (keeping things red and green!)
- Fun Christmas straws for the kids.
- maraschino cherries for the kids!
For a larger crowd you can double or triple the recipe. Use a large punch bowl with cups for a beautiful presentation.
Also check and see if you happen to have a cake stand that doubles as a punch bowl, like this one.
Pro Tip: Punch bowls and glasses are plentiful at thrift/vintage stores and estate sales!!
This is a great non-alcoholic Christmas Punch Recipe. But, if you are serving adults that would enjoy some spirits you can add alcohol to the pitcher.
Any of these spirits will work: white rum, silver tequila, vodka OR prosecco. Start by stirring in 1 cup, taste, and add more as desired.
If the crowd is mixed, kids and adults, I recommend letting each guest add alcohol to their own glass, keeping the pitcher kid friendly.
- Start with cold ingredients so you don’t need to add ice cubes, risking dilution.
- Use a pulp free orange juice to suit a larger crowd
- To keep the pitcher kid friendly, let each guest add alcohol to their own glass.
- Buy 100% juice Cranberry Juice.
- Don’t buy 100% pure cranberry juice it will be too tart.
Christmas Punch Recipe
- 4 cups cranberry juice cocktail (I recommend 100% JUICE Cranberry Juice, do not buy 100% PURE Cranberry Juice it will be too tart)
- 3 cups orange juice (I recommend pulp free)
- 2 cups pomegranate juice
- 3 cups ginger ale (can sub lemon-lime soda here)
- fresh cranberries, orange slices, and/or pomegranate seeds
- optional fun garnishes for kids – Christmas Straws & maraschino cherries
- 1 cup white rum, vodka, silver tequila, OR prosecco (see notes)
- In a large pitcher stir together the cranberry juice, orange juice and pomegranate juice.Pro Tip: start with cold ingredients so you don't have to dilute the punch with ice.4 cups cranberry juice cocktail, 3 cups orange juice, 2 cups pomegranate juice
- At this point, if you are making this punch ahead, you can pop it in the fridge for a few hours.
- Pour in the ginger ale and give it one or two stirs to combine.3 cups ginger ale
- Garnish the pitcher with orange slices, whole cranberries, and pomegranate arils (seeds).
If nutrition facts are provided they are calculated as an estimate to the best of our knowledge.