Delicious and refreshing Cucumber Lime Margaritas are made with just 5 ingredients: fresh lime juice, fresh cucumbers, silver tequila, triple sec, and lime soda water. They are not overly sweet, only getting a little sweetness from the triple sec.
Some cucumber margarita recipes will have you juicing cucumbers and straining the pulp, and well, making a mess… When I am ready to have a cocktail I do not want to lug out a juicer!! That is why you are going to love this easy recipe!
“Parts” in a Cocktail
When making a cocktail you can use a measurement called a “part”. It is an inexact measurement and just refers to the amount of liquid added. It can be any amount, 1 ounce, 1 cup, 2 ounces. The key is keeping the amounts equal, so start with whatever 1 part equals. See the chart below:
Cocktail Part Measurements
How to Make Cucumber Lime Margaritas
Start by gathering a glass, a drink muttle, and all your ingredients:
- Silver tequila – I prefer Casamigos
- Triple sec
- fresh limes
- fresh cucumber
- lime soda water (could also use ginger beer, I like Q Mixer)
Cut your cucumber into 1 inch chunks, now cut them in half and remove the seeds.
In a rocks sized glass (approx. 8-10 oz.) place half a fresh lime. Muddle it until all the juice is released. Add 2 cucumber chunks and muddle until it is well bruised and you can smell the cucumber in the glass.
NOTE: if you do not have a drink muddler, you can use the handle end of a wooden spoon.
Pour in 1 part tequila and 1/2 part triple sec, give it a stir to combine. Fill the glass with ice, then float the lime soda water to the top.
NOTE: if you like a sweeter cocktail you can use 1 part tequila and 1 part triple sec. Using Q Mixer ginger beer will also make it sweeter.
Garnish with a thin cucumber round and serve!
Disclaimer: this is NOT a sweet margarita, it is definitely a refreshing cocktail with the flavor of fresh cucumber and lime.
Cucumber Lime Margarita Recipe
Cucumber Lime Margarita
- 1/2 fresh lime
- 1 inch chunk of fresh cucumber seeds removed
- 1 part silver tequila I like Casamigos
- 1/2 part triple sec
- lime soda water
- In a rocks size glass (8-10 oz.) place 1/2 fresh lime and muddle until it has released all it's juice. If you do not have a cocktail muddle you can use the handle end of a wooden spoon.
- Add the 1/2 inch seeded cucumber chunk and muddle until it is well bruised and you can smell the cucumber in the glass.
- Pour in 1 part tequila and 1/2 part triple sec. Give it a stir.
- Add ice to the top of the glass. Float in lime soda water to the top. Give it another stir.
- Garnish with a thin slice of cucumber.