Sautéed Green Beans with Garlic are a great side dish. They are super easy to make, and come together in under 10 minutes. They only require a couple ingredients and go with just about anything – casual or fancy. ((Bonus, kids will usually eat them too)).
For a great variation on this recipe check out these Lemon Garlic Green Beans.
You only need a couple simple ingredients to make Sautéed Green Beans with Garlic.
- Green Beans or Haricot Verts
- Olive Oil or Canola
- Kosher Salt
- Fresh Garlic
The day that I photographed this I did have haricot verts.
Green Beans or Haricot Verts
A green bean is a much thicker and slightly curved bean, while the haricot verts (pronounced “air-co-vairs”) are a thinner and straighter bean. They will have different cooking times because of the thickness.
You can read a little more on the differences between the two beans in this article Haricot Verts & Green Beans by Nature and More.
If you purchased fresh green beans you will cook around 7 minutes. If you purchased haricot verts you will cook for about 5 minutes.
Recipes To Pair with Green Beans
Sautéed Green Beans with Garlic (or Haricot Verts)
- Wash and trim the stem end from your beans. Pat them dry with a paper towel.
- Add the oil to your large skillet over medium high heat. Let it get hot and shimmery.
- Add the green beans and sauté for about 7 minutes, letting them get a little caramelized on a couple sides. If you are using haricot verts (thinner beans), then only sauté for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and season with kosher salt and add in the garlic. Toss everything together.
- Serve immediately.
If nutrition facts are provided they are calculated as an estimate to the best of our knowledge.