Peanut Butter Cup Cookies are delicious chewy peanut butter cookie cups that are stuffed with mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. They are an easy cookie recipe using Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups! Both kids and adults will love them. They are great any time of year, but especially during the holidays.
Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
This cookie recipe calls for Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups but you do not want to buy the large cups that come in a two pack. You will want to buy the 11 oz bag of individually wrapped mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. See the photo below for example:
How to Make Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
This is a fairly easy and quick cookie recipe to make.
Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees and grab a 12 count muffin tin.
In the bowl or a stand mixer or with a hand mixer cream together 1/2 cup room temp. butter, 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter, 1/2 cup white sugar, 1/2 cup brown sugar, until it is combined and fluffy. Add in 1 egg and 1/2 tsp of vanilla and mix until combined.
Sift in 1 1/4 cup flour, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/2 tsp baking soda. Continue to mix just until everything comes together. Do not over mix at this point.
Roll about a tablespoon and a half into balls and place in the muffin tin, one per cup. They will be about a 1 inch ball of dough. Work quickly so the dough does not get too warm.
Bake for 8-10 minutes. Do not overbake. You want them to be lightly golden and still have a soft middle.
While they bake unwrap the Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups so they are ready to add to the cookies right when they come out of the oven.
Pull the cookies out of the oven and press 1 Reese’s in the center of each cookie.
Let cool in the muffin tin for about 5 minutes then pop them out.
Store at room temp. in an airtight container for up to a week.
Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Cookie Recipe
Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, softened at room temp.
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 24 Mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cups 11 oz bag of individually wrapped Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
- Preheat the oven to 350°You will need (2) 12 cup muffin tins. If you only have 1, you will want to refrigerate the dough while you wait for the first batch to cook.
- In a bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment or a hand held mixer, cream together the 1/2 cup butter, 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter, 1/2 cup white sugar, 1/2 cup brown sugar until it is combined and fluffy.
- Blend in 1 egg and 1/2 tsp vanilla.
- Sift 1 1/4 cup flour, 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp salt into the cookie dough mixture. Blend just until the flour is incorporated.
- Form the cookie dough into about 1-1.5 inch balls and place in the ungreased muffin tin. You will have about 20-24 balls.The dough is sticky but work quickly so the dough doesn't get too warm.**If you are working with one muffin pan, place the remaining dough in the fridge until the first batch is cooked.
- Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes. Do not overbake, you want them to be golden and the middle to still be soft so you can put a Reese's in the middle. While they are baking unwrap the Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.
- As soon as the cookies come out of the oven press a peanut butter cup into the middle of each cookie. Let them cool for about 5 minutes and then remove them from the muffin tin.
- Store at room temp. in an air tight container for up to a week.
Here are some other delicious cookie recipes to try: